• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 Problems...

glad you satisfied with customer service, its refreshing to read positive comments about them.

As to the dents.....well I'll speak to mine.....they have gotten better over time and smoothed out some from the locking lug . I think mine would have gotten worse over time if it was truly certain shells causing the problem.
I collect and reload most of my shells that aren't European and I have never seen a damaged shell come from my shotgun. I also believe if somehow a shell, brass head or steel head did that kind of damage to my receiver then that shell would not come out of the exchange unscathed because the heads are thin and if you look close at the gouges they are deep and abrupt, as if gouged by steel tooling ( I used to machine rifle barrels) ......The only Winchester I reload and shoot is AA loads .

Not out of the realm of possibility but that is not what happened to mine, I wish you many happy years shooting your refreshed shotgun

Back