• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 Tactical Sling Mount Question

gunguy

.22LR
Hi yall, love this forum!

Recently I bought a new 590A1. Awesome! Model #50771, 12 gauge, 20", 8+1 with ghost rings. Came with the bayonett, very cool but not practical for HD/range practice lol. Shopping for a good quality heavy duty tactical 2 point sling. At the rear, I want to attach it to the existing mounted sling stud on the bottom of the butt stock. At the front, I plan to mount a side light, so I want the new sling to hang down lower than the barrel, so it is less likely to get wrapped around the barrel or the light system. I don't want a sling mounted off the magazine cap, or looped around the butt stock, as the SpectorGear 2 point does (a fine product however). I'm considering the Magpul MS1 Padded Sling #545, which is a heavy 2 point, and is over an inch wide. It gets great ratings. My questions are:

1) Is that tiny beyonett mount threaded empty hole on the rear of that mount, a dedicated front sling mount, or is that for another function?

2) The Magpull sling is 1.25" wide, so can someone recommend a pair of sling mount rings that will fit this wider strap?

I would really like to attach the sling to that beyonett hole if safe to do so.
Magpull sells AR style sling mounts, which appear to not fit my needs because they look like they snap into a rail or their own butt stock, which I do not have. I just want traditional rifle style rings that will fit regular sling studs. Uncle Mikes rings are listed as only 1 inch wide, and I need wider at least 1.25". I need 2 heavy duty sling rings, preferably quick detachable (QD). Thanks!

Last edited:
Today I called Mossberg tech support, no wait time. They are sending me out part number #12030 which is the missing front rifle sling stud screw and washer. Free, because my new mossy has their 10 year limited warranty! I'm going to order a pair of GrovTec Mil spec 1.25" wide heavy duty rifle sling rings#GTSW-05. Then ordering the Magpul MS1 Padded Sling #545 , which magpul tech support recommended for heavy long guns like my 590A1 20". Once I get the sling mounted I will post a pic for yall.

I have the same model as you. I was going back and forth on the Magpul sling or the Vickers padded two point sling by Blue Force Gear, ended up going with the Vickers. They both had a lot of great reviews.

If you have not already check out a YouTube video - Specter Gear Slings. I have one for my 590A1 8+1. It is a well made heavy duty sling with a great set of features. This sling paired with a GG&G front sling mount should do the trick.

Last edited:
Back