• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 US Service Model

Is there any thing special or different with The 590A1 US SERVICE MODEL, in order for it to have that tag. I apologize if this has been covered before.

Only thing "special " is that Model #50676 has passed Mil Spec Qualification #3443E...has a metal trigger guard and safety button...a Parkerized finish...a heavy walled barrel...a bayonet lug...and has been in service with the military ( real theater use ) almost since it's inception.

( It may ship with a "tacticool" scabbard too...)

http://www.mossberg.com/product/590a1-9-shot-u-s-service-model-with-tactical-scabbard-50676/

My Model #51663... (with ghost ring sights and M9 bayonet )

Not a problem, no worries!

The 590"A1" has a few parts that are a little different than a standard 500 or even a 590.

The A1 has a metal safety and metal trigger group housing including the trigger guard. It also has a bayonet lug and parkerized finish on the barrel and black anodized (or whatever it's called) finish on the aluminum receiver. The barrel is a heavy walled barrel. For example, on the 500, one can feel the hole on the inside of the barrel where the bead post is drilled, but on the A1 you can't. The barrel is thicker and it isn't drilled through. The 590A1 also is the only shotgun to pass the tests without a failure for 3000 rounds.

I might be missing something, I don't recall all the information off hand and I haven't owned one in several years now.

Good job Brad...!! :cool:

I think we both got everything covered....

That particular 590A1 (50676) marked "US SERVICE MODEL" is no different than the other factory 590A1 with the same configuration (51660). This model was a distributor exclusive (TALO) with the added markings. Other than the special roll marks, all specs are identical...

That particular 590A1 (50676) marked "US SERVICE MODEL" is no different than the other factory 590A1 with the same configuration (51660). This model was a distributor exclusive (TALO) with the added markings. Other than the special roll marks, all specs are identical...
Thank You Sir that is what I was looking for.

Just remember that a gun that doesn't look badass is still just as deadly and is still worthy of pride.
You are absolutely right. I was just directing my comment to this particular model. I happen to have just bought this model and am as prideful of it as I am of my Kimber PC II and Dan Wesson 357 magnum.

Back