• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 US Service Model

Mine doesn't have a bayo lug causes it's the short barrel. Looks cool though. You don't have to take the magazine tube off to install the new spring and follower. Just unscrew the end cap.

You don't have to take the magazine tube off to install the new spring and follower. Just unscrew the end cap.

There's a cover underneath the endcap that prevents me from removing the spring. I saw a video at the University of YouTube (U of YT) that shows the guy unscrewing the tube to replace the follower and spring.

You can take a flat screwdriver and pry the cover off. ******Be careful because the spring will pop out once the cover is free.*****

I just recently installed the Magpul stock on mine too. The LOP was just a bit long with the OEM stock. I like that it is adjustable. Now, even with a Limbsaver recoil pad, the LOP is a comfortable 13½ ". With the OEM it was a hair over 14½". It has a Hogue forend. The S&J magazine extension gives me 7+1 with the 18½" barrel.

It's your shotgun. Do what you want. Please don't doink with unscrewing the mag tube. If you remove the mag. tube cap you will find a little cup that keeps the spring from flying out. Carefully finesse that out by prying, and remove the spring and follower. Assemble in reverse order, and swab out the tube first because it is filthy. I would reinstall the spring keeper. This is the recommended procedure. It's your gun.

It's your shotgun. Do what you want. Please don't doink with unscrewing the mag tube. If you remove the mag. tube cap you will find a little cup that keeps the spring from flying out. Carefully finesse that out by prying, and remove the spring and follower. Assemble in reverse order, and swab out the tube first because it is filthy. I would reinstall the spring keeper. This is the recommended procedure. It's your gun.

I've now read both ways to do this. The SBE install instructions request you remove the tube with the strap wrench. Lots of online folks say the same and that it's a real pain in the A to do it this way. Everyone else seems to simply do it the way you guys mentioned above. I think I'll do it this way as well. Seems much easier. Thanks guys.

Back