• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 w/ 28" Barrel

Cole Doty

Copper BB
Here is my shotgun with its new barrel! 28" from an 835, ported and threaded for chokes . The ring for the magazine has been moved forward to make this barrel work with the 8 shot magazine by a local gunsmith. This shotgun has been great to me, no issues. So far, I've gotten about 75 shells of birdshot through the new barrel with no issues at all. I'm looking to get wood furniture next. I wanted this custom barrel to shoot clays and I did a lot of my research on this forum site. I thought it would be nice to give back and show others what I have come up with! Enjoy!

IMGP1064.JPG

IMGP1066.JPG

Feels great! The checkering that was done looks good and grips well. The forend fits well in the hand, I did have to bore it out a bit to fit over the receiver, but all is well!

That's good to know.

I've read on their website that the stocks and forends may require minor fitting. Glad to see you didn't have to do too much to it...

I think the wood has added a bit of weight, but that's fine as far as recoil and stability go. Overall, it's just a joy taking down clays with! Hasn't let me down yet, proud owner of this Mossberg!

Thanks everybody! I wasn't planning on doing all of this when I bought it, but it wasn't getting much use on home protection duty (thankfully!). Taking down clays with it is a joy! I plan to get the big camera out soon and take some good photos of it in the field and in action.

-Sinkhole, I'm not sure what to tell ya about where to get a barrel. I don't know where the gunsmith got mine from, but Mossberg has a list of all of their barrels and part numbers on their site. Hope that helps.

Back