• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 w/ Magpul MOE & SGA

Would a moderator be so kind as to make a correction to this thread's title that's been bugging me for a while? It should be "MOE" vice "SOE".

Cheers.

Sent from my mobile device

WRL... I'm putting together a build very similar to yours. Hopefully picking up my new 590a1 tomorrow and have the Magpul furniture on order as well as the S&J extension. Can't wait!!!

Question for you about the 870 adapter you put on... I notice that it has a different angle for the pad. Do you notice a difference when shouldering the shotgun?? I definitely like the idea of being able to use a LimbSaver pad but the change in ergos make me pause... I tend to trust (perhaps too much) designers to have more knowledge of body dynamics than I do, so I usually like to only use products that are made for that specific model. But until Magpul releases a Mossberg version of this....... (don't quite get what the hold-up is, but what do I know.)

WRL... I'm putting together a build very similar to yours. Hopefully picking up my new 590a1 tomorrow and have the Magpul furniture on order as well as the S&J extension. Can't wait!!!

Question for you about the 870 adapter you put on... I notice that it has a different angle for the pad. Do you notice a difference when shouldering the shotgun?? I definitely like the idea of being able to use a LimbSaver pad but the change in ergos make me pause... I tend to trust (perhaps too much) designers to have more knowledge of body dynamics than I do, so I usually like to only use products that are made for that specific model. But until Magpul releases a Mossberg version of this....... (don't quite get what the hold-up is, but what do I know.)

It might look like a different angle in my photos; perhaps it is slightly different. However, there is no "felt" difference in ergonomics when shouldering the shotgun. It feels natural.

At this point, I doubt you'll ever see a "Mossberg-specific" version of the adapter and the Limbsaver. The Magpul stock is made for the Mossberg. From there to the back is made specifically for the stock design, not the gun. The adapter (and thus the pad) are labeled "Remington 870" simply because they conceived of it prior to the existence of the Mossberg.

It might look like a different angle in my photos; perhaps it is slightly different. However, there is no "felt" difference in ergonomics when shouldering the shotgun. It feels natural.

At this point, I doubt you'll ever see a "Mossberg-specific" version of the adapter and the Limbsaver. The Magpul stock is made for the Mossberg. From there to the back is made specifically for the stock design, not the gun. The adapter (and thus the pad) are labeled "Remington 870" simply because they conceived of it prior to the existence of the Mossberg.

Good stuff, thanks. I've been wanting a Limbsaver for the Magpul stock, as it is noticeably more cushioned, but didn't know how to get there until now.

I'm giving the forend a try with a few boxes of Estate 00bs today. Feels good so far. Easy to install (5-10 minutes).
09c0a1085840fc0d9641ea550d6c01d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a very similar setup as wrl, except mine's a 20" with the factory 8+1 capacity and the factory ghost ring sights. Though, I do plan to get a meprolight tritium front sight, just the dovetail blade version.

I wanted to thank you wrl for posting the Limbsaver & 870 adapter setup. I had read about it before seeing your pictures but this thread cemented it in my mind. I actually ordered the adapter & pad before I got the gun. It's SUCH a nice setup. I shot magnum slugs & buckshot over the weekend and feel absolutely nothing in my shoulder. When I got the gun originally, I tried a magazine of birdshot with the Magpul pad that comes with the SGA stock, it kicked hard and hurt. I almost regretted getting the gun, I knew I wanted one but it had been quite a while since I last shot a 500. The Magpul pad sucks. Once I got the Limbsaver on though, oh man, it's such a joy to shoot. So comfortable with no harshness. I gladly would have paid double for the Limbsaver and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to shoot their shotgun more.

For anyone contemplating the Magpul furniture, do it. It feels great, ergonomic and well made. One thing that seems to be overlooked too, the Magpul edition of the Mossberg is the only non-military (590A1) version that's parkerized. Most all others are blued. The Magpul editions are really good bang for buck, especially with the sale that's been going on over at GunBuyer.com for a while now.

Quick update...One minute with a Dremel eliminated the need to loosen the stock to allow for trigger assembly removal.

Hi wrl, I am thinking of getting the same buttstock as you (arn`t we all Lol) and wondered if you could post a picture of where/how you dremelled for the trigger assembly removal. Thanks.

Hi wrl, I am thinking of getting the same buttstock as you (arn`t we all Lol) and wondered if you could post a picture of where/how you dremelled for the trigger assembly removal. Thanks.

Just for reference, here's how I did mine. Not as clean as it could be but it's not often I look at it and it doesn't feel weird when holding it. I will admit, it's a bit tight but I can remove the trigger without too much fight.

2015-12-19 15.36.12.jpg 2015-12-19 15.36.26.jpg 2015-12-19 15.36.50.jpg

Thanks Spanky.
I am waiting for my 590 to hit the dealer in UK, due this week :(, so I have been told, so I couldn`t see the problem or how to solve it.

You'll know exactly the issue once you get it in your hands. I was the same way, curious & unsure. I've read that Magpul designed it that way so you didn't feel a gap with your fingers or have a gap for crud to get in. For me, it hasn't been an issue and I'm glad I don't have to fuss with the stock.

You'll know exactly the issue once you get it in your hands. I was the same way, curious & unsure. I've read that Magpul designed it that way so you didn't feel a gap with your fingers or have a gap for crud to get in. For me, it hasn't been an issue and I'm glad I don't have to fuss with the stock.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Sent via my mobile device

Why didn`t they just design the FIT the same as the OEM stock ?..beats meo_O

Back