• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 w/Pistol Grip & M-4 Stock Trigger Assembly Removal

Howdy Y'all -

Have a friend who just bought a 590A1 with the pistol grip and collapsible stock. Wants to do a complete cleaning and lube before its first use. Is it true that the pistol grip and stock must be removed in order to drop the trigger assembly in order to remove the bolt assembly? The manual does not explain this, and all info appears to apply for just the conventional stock/grip models. Seems like this would be real PITA for regular maintenance.

Any videos or pics on this that pertains to the pg w/collapsible stocks?

TIA

All those types of stocks I have seen on 500/590 needs the stock removed to drop the trigger group.

Re: 590A1 w/Pistol Grip & M-4 Stock Trigger Assembly Removal

The only part I don't like about my pistol grip :/

What a pain in the butt......just to remove & clean up your bolt you have to pull the grip and the stock. And I intentionally steered my buddy away from the 930's and semi-autos because of the more intensive maintenance with the gas system telling him that the pumps were easier to maintain. He wanted an HD that required minimum maintenance. My bad :oops: . Wish I could find a vid or pic thread which explains the procedure....

you only need to clean the bolt every 5 years or so on a 500/590, even with active shooting, mind the lead or plastic build up in the barrel and it will never fail you

Re: 590A1 w/Pistol Grip & M-4 Stock Trigger Assembly Removal

It's really not that bad. An added 2 minutes with your gun.

I have the ATI stock and its one screw to remove/replace.

Back