• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590S in 590 Shockwave forum OR 590 Pump Action forum?

BadKarma0007

Copper BB
Hello all :)

So I'm brand spanking new to the world of all things shotgun and I just bought myself a Mossberg 590S #51602 https://www.mossberg.com/product/590s-51602/ . Do I post questions regarding my new shotgun in this forum or the 590 pump action forum because I'm very confused as to this guns branding? the 590S has 4 different models and even though I guess the #51602 isn't the "shockwave" per se, it's still under the same gun?

Also, when looking for accessories, do I just get the shockwave accessories and assume they will fit on the 590S?

Thank you in advance!

First off welcome to the forum!

Just my $0.02....

I may be wrong but from the link you posted, I would suggest that anything related specifically to only the 590 pump action should post in the "Mossberg 590 Pump Action" section of this forum.

Since your 590 identifies as a Pump Action Series model and does not specifically identify as a Shockwave.

https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/590-shockwave/

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you joined.

I have to manually approve all the accounts when someone registers to keep the spam out, when I saw your username, I didn't even look up to see where your ISP was coming from. I knew you were a real person and the username had me laughing out loud.

I don't mind which room you post your question. If it is the short model with only the grip, would technically fit better in the shockwave part of the forum, but if it has a stock, the 590 pump action would make more sense I suppose.

But, realistically, the grip or the stock and the barrel length is the only differences in the guns so far as I'm aware. So, otherwise they're the same. Only recently has mossberg started combining the shockwave and 590 line together and has caused some confusion.

Back