• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590S

Anyone have any trigger and pump time with the 590S?

Claims it can cycle 3", 2-3/4" & 1-3/4" or any combo of that out the box. Is that something new?? Thought most pump actions can, just not certain if the semi-auto would consistently.

I know my 590 has been loaded with 2-3/4" & 3" simultaneously and cycled with no issues. Haven't thrown the 1-3/4" mini's in the mix yet but I'm certain it would work as well.... Wouldn't it?

Anyone have any trigger and pump time with the 590S?

Claims it can cycle 3", 2-3/4" & 1-3/4" or any combo of that out the box. Is that something new?? Thought most pump actions can, just not certain if the semi-auto would consistently.

I know my 590 has been loaded with 2-3/4" & 3" simultaneously and cycled with no issues. Haven't thrown the 1-3/4" mini's in the mix yet but I'm certain it would work as well.... Wouldn't it?
I have the little rubber bumper put in my shockwave to shoot the shorties. Isn’t it supposed to take up the difference in shell length so they don’t just stand up in the chamber, or just fall out as the action operates? I know it works as intended in mine. Yeah, just tried them without the Opsol. The shells just stand up or tip over. So, I’ll stick with a 2-3/4 00 first shot, followed by a string of alternating mini’s of the slug and buck persuasion..lol

Last edited:
I have the little rubber bumper put in my shockwave to shoot the shorties. Isn’t it supposed to take up the difference in shell length so they don’t just stand up in the chamber, or just fall out as the action operates? I know it works as intended in mine. Yeah, just tried them without the Opsol. The shells just stand up or tip over. So, I’ll stick with a 2-3/4 00 first shot, followed by a string of alternating mini’s of the slug and buck persuasion..lol
Not sure what that is ill have to read up on it. But then again I have never shot the mini shells, I just assumed that they would work like the regular shells only you have more to load and shoot with.

Not sure what that is ill have to read up on it. But then again I have never shot the mini shells, I just assumed that they would work like the regular shells only you have more to load and shoot with.
Yes, the Opsol, about 15 bucks. They are made in Texas. Take 5 seconds to install or remove. I like the Aguila minis. I’ve got buckshot and slugs. I read somewhere that the slugs are equal to a .44 mag at home defense range. Can’t verify that, luckily. Lol

Yes, the Opsol, about 15 bucks. They are made in Texas. Take 5 seconds to install or remove. I like the Aguila minis. I’ve got buckshot and slugs. I read somewhere that the slugs are equal to a .44 mag at home defense range. Can’t verify that, luckily. Lol
So this Opsol allows you to shoot mini's from your standard SG?
Need to look this up as I don't know much on it .... YET. :brick:

So this Opsol allows you to shoot mini's from your standard SG?
Need to look this up as I don't know much on it .... YET. :brick:

Yep. The OpSol plug is great. I thought about selling my old Shockwave and replacing it with the new 590S version, but since I only shoot minishells (mostly my own) in it, there's really no reason to do so.

If I ever get my hands on a few extra bucks, I plan on picking up a 20ga Shockwave and making minishells for it as well.

Back