• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590SP - 50660 - "Matte"?

Boogs

.22LR
Recently ordered a Mossberg 590SP, the 50660, and I should have it in a few days.

I specifically ordered it as the Mossberg website advertises it as being "parkerized", yet, when ordering I noticed the finish is listed as "Matte".

A review of the firearm also listed that they received their gun and the box said "Matte".

This conflicts with Mossberg's website, sooo... what's the story here?!

Boogs said:
Recently ordered a Mossberg 590SP, the 50660, and I should have it in a few days.

I specifically ordered it as the Mossberg website advertises it as being "parkerized", yet, when ordering I noticed the finish is listed as "Matte".

A review of the firearm also listed that they received their gun and the box said "Matte".

This conflicts with Mossberg's website, sooo... what's the story here?!

Matte = parkerized

Matte means dull/not shiny. In this case that is accomplished thru parkerising, which is the process used to protect the metal from corrosion, etc.

I understand the terminology, as well as the difference between a gun which was "blued", and a parkerized which are two different processes.

Should have clarified in my question, the "matte" is listed as "Matte Blue", which implied it was finished in a bluing, thus, not parkerized.

Does Mossberg no longer parkerize their 590 SP? (50660)

Back