• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715t feed/jam issue

buzzbomber

Copper BB
Hello new here and used the search to no avail. I have a 715t one of the first models with carry handle and 10rd mag. Ever since new with previous owner I got it from it has jammed almost every shot right out of the box. I have cleaned it numerous times, replaced the recoil spring, tried 3 different magazines and almost every off the shelf ammunition I could get my hands on. The mags are doing their job but fit extremely sloppy in the mag well but still latch in the catch but seems with the 25rd mags it doesn't like to feed the first round without helping it into the feed ramp. I can fire the round and it will try feeding the next round before ejecting the spent round and it will jam the spent one right on top of the next round and cause the bolt to hang open. This has been going on for 2 years and I have given up hope and just shoot my ak74 instead but my wife wants the 715 fixed so I'm here asking for help! Thanks

i had the same problem with mine right out of the box...sent it back with some goading to get mossberg to pay shipping. they changed the trigger housing assembly...got it back it would not eject...sent it back on my dime(well a lot of dimes to be more accurate for a rifle still under warranty)...i still don't know what they did to it that time but it was a lot better. i sold it and bought a smith 15-22 with a lifetime warranty...much better gun...

i guess what i am saying is that it will probably need to go back to mossberg...since you are not the original owner and the warranty is expired anyway, it's going to cost some $$$...

Back