• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715t first outing and breakdown

LuckieSlevin

Copper BB
So, I have had my 715t since the first of the year or so and finally got to shoot it this past weekend. I put roughly 300 rounds of CCI mini mags, 100 round CCI stingers, about 100 rounds of federals and about 50 rounds of cheap Remington. The only time I had a jam was with the cheap Remington, and it only jammed ONCE. I was rather pleased, really pleased since I didn't do what was recommended and clean it before hand. I figured that I wanted to know how good of a gun it was from Mossberg since it is the first Mossberg I have ever owned. Well I also decided tonight was a good night to disassemble the gun and I'd say I did a great job, and it only took me roughly 5 minutes. Was actually real simple, even when I have never taken a rifle apart, only my Glock 17 gen4 and that pistol takes roughly 4 seconds. But all in all I do have a question. The main parts of the gun seem to slide "rough" like when I pull the charging handle, I figured there has to be a way to polish the parts up and to smooth them out. what do you guys think? I'm thinking up cleaning up the parts in the two photos i uploaded, also what do you think of my work mat. nice screw holder as well.

Attachments

• photo resized.gif
    photo resized.gif
    141.4 KB · Views: 164
  • photo resized 2.jpg
    photo resized 2.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 163
  • photo resized 3.jpg
    photo resized 3.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 163
Back