• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715t modifications

djd4529

Copper BB
I have recently purchased the 715t with carry handle and 18" barrel. I want to take off the carry handle and add a combo optic 3-16x or similar with the red dot also on it. also want to add muzzlebrake and remove front sight. Does anyone know, since i haven't picked up the firearm yet, if that front sight is on by itself or if it is part of the forend?
The name of some places to go shopping would be helpful.
by the way, all of you who post on here have great thing to say. this is my first gun and am very excited to start using it
also what does anyone reccommend for ammunition? 36gr or 40 for this firearm?

you will not be able to remover the carry handle or the front sight. the 715t is actually the 702 plinkster with two plastic pieces screwed together to make the shell. the front sight and carry handle are a part of the shell that cannot be removed.

so far i have bought everything from mine from amazon...except for the laser/flashlight and the mounts for the paracord sling i am making(dang overtime is holding me up on that one)

I GOT MINE LAST WEEK AND ADDED A SLIDING-SCREW IN FOREGRIP FOR 19.99$ (CANADIAN) AT PAINTBALL/AIRSOFT STORE....ALSO GOT A RED DOT FOR 44.99$ AT SAME PLACE .

I PREFER TO HAVE THE RED DOT ON TOP OF CARRY HANDLE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TWIST MY NECK AS MUCH. BOTH ITEMS WORK WELL ENOUGH FOR THIS RIFLE.

AND I WOULD NOT SUGGEST GETTING HEAVY SCOPES OR FLASHLIGHTS FOR IT, SINCE IT IS SO LIGHT WEIGHT THAT IT MAKES THE GUN FRONT HEAVY/UNBALANCED. ...REMEMBER THIS A PLASTIC SHELL.

LATER,

ICEMAN20014

Thanks everyone!
Have to get ammo for this as well. Any suggestions? I am in Rhode island anyone know who has extra 25 round Mag's available?
who has been keeping upnwith what is going on with regulations

Anybody have suggestions on changing out the fixed stock for an adjustable. I read in another forum how you could find the pin hole on the fixed stock, which I did with a little minor drilling. Now I have a key ring thru the pin hole so I can use that to adjust it. But would rather change it out with a true adjustable stock shell so it looks right.

Also, will I need to completely remove the pin to remove the fixed stock? It wont slide off even with the pin pulled out as far as I can get it. Thanks for the advice. I've also emailed Mossberg about a complete new stock assembly.

speedyquad said:
you will not be able to remover the carry handle or the front sight. the 715t is actually the 702 plinkster with two plastic pieces screwed together to make the shell. the front sight and carry handle are a part of the shell that cannot be removed.

Took mine off. Dremmel is your friend :grin:. Turned it into a flat top with no rails, but will drill holes for a leftover rail i have from my Colt LE6920 update. To be used for RDS.

Also completely removed the stock, added a front folding vertical handgrip with TAC light combo.

Still some cleanup/leveling where I took the Dremmel to it, and some camo work. Looking for something to cover the hole where the stock came off. Tried a steel auto freeze plug, found one a perfect fit in diameter, but just not deep enough.

Here's the thread on my work in progress. viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6255

Rootbrain

schriscoe said:
Anybody have suggestions on changing out the fixed stock for an adjustable. I read in another forum how you could find the pin hole on the fixed stock, which I did with a little minor drilling. Now I have a key ring thru the pin hole so I can use that to adjust it. But would rather change it out with a true adjustable stock shell so it looks right.

Also, will I need to completely remove the pin to remove the fixed stock? It wont slide off even with the pin pulled out as far as I can get it. Thanks for the advice. I've also emailed Mossberg about a complete new stock assembly.

Due to the current conditions, I had to settle for a fixed stock model when I purchased my 715t a couple of weeks ago. I contacted ATI last week to see if they could provide any part numbers for the adjustable stock. After a few days, John from ATI e-mailed me this link; http://www.atigunstocks.com/rifle-stock ... stock.html

I ordered it and I am expecting it to be delivered any day now. Hope this helps.

I posted a how to a month ago or so on how to make the stock adjustable.

take a dremal and make a small 1/8" half moon cut on both sides of the pin.

Dig down on the side of the pin and catch the hole that goes through it. Pull up on the pin and adjust the stock to a space in between the adjustment points to keep it out, it has a spring in there to pull it back down.

I put a simple key ring through the hold to make my stock adjustable.

Like I said I did a how to, and had pics... but can't find them now...

cost me a key ring and 5 minutes.. so virtually nothing.

I also live in Rhode Island and just picked up a 715t at Hope Valley bait & tackle. I was fortunate enough to pick up one 25 round magazine with it. I was hoping to get a few but they held the last one for me but he might get more. They also had a pretty good deal on 500 round CCI boxes under $37. I did get one with an ATI fixed stock but I did mod it after seeing it on this board. Instead of a keychain ring I used one from a grenade pin.

IMAG1040.jpg

And because I can fully retract the stock now I did this
IMAG1027.jpg

I collect coins especially silver. So I put I silver nickel on the cap
IMAG1034.jpg

Back