• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715T to M16A1 mod.

Details for M16 stock mod: Some minor cutting and filing is needed to insure the Airsoft AEG stock fits snugly into the Mossberg insert. I made the "notch" at the top about an 1/8th inch deeper. Some delicate filing is need at this point to make a nice fit. Cut off about 4 inches from the Mossberg collapsible-stock insert cylinder. attach a 10-32 T-nut onto the end of a 3" section of 3/4 dowel. Drill a 1\4 inch hole through the center of the dowel. Glue this inside the insert tube with polyurethane Gorilla Glue or equivalent. Countersink the opposite end of the dowel to ease the installation of the screw that came with the AEG stock. (the screw needs to be shortened to about 10 inches). The stock will rotate back and forth slightly few degrees from center after installing in the rifle so when you are satisfied the modified insert attaches correctly glue the modified Mossberg insert firmly into the stock.
Airsoft AEG M4 stock $15.30.pngStock inser 1.jpg Stock insert 2.jpg Stock insert 3.jpg Stock insert 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pull the locking pin assembly on the collapable stock until you can remove the stock portion. Cut about 4 inches from the end of the cylindrical Mossberg tactical stock insert that originally came with the rifle. Cut a 3" section from a 3/4 oak dowel and drill a 1/4" hole through its center for the long screw that came with the stock. Secure a 10-32 T-nut to one end of the dowel and countersink the opposite end to ease the insertion of the screw. Glue this inside the insert with Gorilla Glue or similar polyurethane glue.
Doing great work Otto... keep it up!

Nothing left to do except shoot the darn thing. I'm very happy with the results. To celebrate I bought a Barska 3-9x Plinker scope, a fabric carrying case and a olive green sling. Commies, watch out! Lol.

Last edited:
That came out nice. Well done sir!

Thank you. I still have not shot it yet. The closest range is outdoors and they will not let you shoot more than one bullet in the gun at one time. What fun! I have read tons of reviews and watched dozens of Youtube videos though so I am not too concerned about performance. I have done all the known mods plus a couple of my own. I think the reason it looks so realistic is the the rounded-off sharp corners. BIG difference.

I finally got the chance to shoot the Mossberg M16. I had a lot of trouble with the 25 round mags. The original 10 round fired without any problems whatsoever. Frankly I think I should have purchased 2 more of them than the 25's. 10 rounds is enough at one time. I fine tuned the larger mags according to all the info available on Youtube. I found a couple issues and I am going to test them again soon. The problems mostly center around the "turning" point in the lower half of the magazine. Basically it is a poor design. Evidently the company didn't care that larger bullets have a taper to them and 22 long does not. That is the reason the mags are curved in the full caliber version. They thought the "look" was more important than efficiency, I suppose. I will work it out.

Looks good, Otto! :) I haven't had a 715T in a while--had the "rifle" then the flat-top "carbine". Both were traded/sold for other guns... I recall there was a routine to get full capacity out of the mags: load until it gets a little stiff, tap on the back (rim) side a little, load some more, etc. Don't recall any failures of the mag to unload rounds. Occasional FTF with lower-velocity ammo...

Back