• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715T Woe's !!!!

THere is a little hook on the end of the charge handle. If its pulled back and locked and moved any that little hook can bend then it starts to hang up.

I only use it at the range before they call all clear they check to make sure all guns are pointed up in the gun racks, the action is locked open and no mags in.

I just use mine for safty check.

Just to update, been 7 weeks, and no word. :(

Tried calling, and was told the wait time for the next represenative was 42 minutes. Must be awful busy over there. :roll:

avery

Avery I'm sorry to here about all the problems your having w/ your rifle and Mossberg's customer service. You aren't alone though!! Not that it makes you feel any better :x Unfortunately it seems that about half of the 715T owners are having various problems. I haven't had charging problems but have seen several others w/ the same issues. My problems are feeding & ejection. I can't fire more than 3-4 rounds without a jam regardless of rate of fire, ammo, or magazine cap(25 or 10). When the jam is caused by the feed the bolt hits the cartridge so hard it actually bends the cartridge into a U shape. I considered sending mine to Mossberg but after reading your post and others I'm kinda worried they'll keep it forever and a day then send it back to me w/ the same problems or maybe new problems!! If you receive yours and it's been properly repaired and has no new/other issues I may have to bite the bullet and send mine. Can you keep us up to date and give total time it took from your first call to customer service til the time you received it back? Also if they actually resolved the issues? Thanks and Good Luck!!!!

mike, i would send it back anyway...it's no good the way it is. it could even be dangerous.

i've decided to sell mine.

speedyquad said:
mike, i would send it back anyway...it's no good the way it is. it could even be dangerous.

I'm gonna have to I guess. At least if I want any chance at a functioning rifle. Or even a semi functioning rifle would be better than what I have now. And you're right about the danger too I'm starting to worry one of those bent bullets are gonna make there way out somewhere other than the barrel. I made a few mods to the mags yesterday and it seemed to reduce the FTF's down to 4-5 outa 25 at the range today. Was 10-12 each mag. May just be coincidence but I'm gonna try a little more fine tuning on the mags and if it doesn't improve drastically I'll send to Mossberg. Thanks for the advice and concern.

521mike said:
speedyquad said:

I'm gonna have to I guess. At least if I want any chance at a functioning rifle. Or even a semi functioning rifle would be better than what I have now. And you're right about the danger too I'm starting to worry one of those bent bullets are gonna make there way out somewhere other than the barrel. I made a few mods to the mags yesterday and it seemed to reduce the FTF's down to 4-5 outa 25 at the range today. Was 10-12 each mag. May just be coincidence but I'm gonna try a little more fine tuning on the mags and if it doesn't improve drastically I'll send to Mossberg. Thanks for the advice and concern.

Mines coming up on 8 weeks at the factory, hope you have something else to shoot in the meantime. :(

When, or if mine ever comes back, it will be sold, even if it does function. Sorry thing is, I scrounged and bought two overpriced mags for it, all for naught. :( Still have two on order from mossberg, but pretty sure I'll never see them.
The customer service is not just lacking, it is abysmal. Being put on hold for 45 minutes is just bad business. When I did get through, they can tell me nothing. I'm signing this-------

Digusted in Michigan :x

i've got a friend who is aware of my issues that is coming to buy mine sometime today...gun plus the 2 extra mags for 275...a little less than what i paid for it and the mag, but more than i expected with all the issues i had...i'm either going to go buy a s&w 15-22 that is in a lgs that i know of...or a s&w shield. i'm thinking the shield. it's cheaper and more useful...although more expensive to shoot...

Holy Crapola, Fedex dropped it off today. They even threw in a 25rd mag. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'll test fire it tomorrow and see if it's in working order. Only took 8 weeks! :(

You will regret you sold it if you do. Its such a simple design and shots great you cant beat it IMO.

For its price and how easy it is to maintain its a perfect plinker.

it's been gone since tuesday...i don't think i'll miss it. i haven't yet. i was afraid to shoot it because i expected yet another problem to pop up.

Well I can report that it functioned perfectly. :shock: Maybe some factory tuning is what they all need.

I will still sell it, I just love the S&W 15-22. At least I won't feel guilty selling it now.

I am not down on Mossberg, they still make some great products, but this one they didn't think through before marketing it.

Thanks for all the input everyone

avery

what i want to know is if there are as many problems with the 702 plinkster? there is no difference other than the plastic shell vs a traditional stock. from what little i can find on the 702, though, i would think that the problems are identical and as plenty.

speedyquad said:
what i want to know is if there are as many problems with the 702 plinkster? there is no difference other than the plastic shell vs a traditional stock. from what little i can find on the 702, though, i would think that the problems are identical and as plenty.

I dont know, the 702 is $107. here at my walmart. Maybe if the 715 was that cheap people would struggle with it?

avery, i forgot to ask, what did mossberg do to fix the problem?

i hop you sell it and don't take much of a loss. i was lucky, i got about $60 less than i paid for everything, even with disclosing all the problems. not too bad considering.

Back