• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

800 Trigger Adjustment

Anyone here ever done it?

800A_trigger_01.jpg

Mine feels good except for the actual weight of pull. It measures 5#, would like to cut it in half.

I've searched the web but have not come up with any information except one gunsmith's comments that it is easy to adjust, he just didn't say how. I think I'm going to pin it to a board, in a jig so that I can operate it and figure it out. If you have any help, it would be appreciated.

Cleaned all the surfaces and removed any wear marks with light filing. Nothing to adjust without trying to use different springs, both the sear & trigger spring and the trigger sear spring. Put it all back together. On a trigger pull gauge it lights off at 5# consistently but I would swear that on the finger it feels like 3#, with all the associated descriptions of trigger pull being very fine. Not going to mess with it any more as this near 50 year old rifle just shot a 1.316 MOA group at 200 yards with some simple handloads that I quickly assembled to check the function.

That will put it on a deer etc very nicely. What caliber? I have a 800ASM (scoped .308) which I haven't tried yet. I am also looking at picking up a 810 for my Mossberg accumulation.

Thanks for the info. I saw the parts break down having two different sets of parts based on serial numbers. I wonder if the latter can be used in the earlier?

Back