• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 SPX CAME IN / BOX TORN UP BAD / question

DEAN BUFFINGTON

Supporter
My 930 came in today & it appears to be flawless including the front site. Straight as a arrow. Picked it up at Mc Coy Outdoor in Mobile Al. Great looking gun & I got it in the tan color. The box is torn & damaged on the inside really bad. The gun was not held in place at all with the factory box. It slid back & forth at least three inches while carrying it back to the truck. The outside of the box also has a hole in it from the top sight rubbing back & forth. Nothing on the gun is damaged at all. Not even a scratch on the paint. The 930 was in a plastic wrap also. My question is do you thing Mossburg will send be another box to replace this damaged box. I know it is just a box but i'am picky about things & in a way if I ever sell it. ( but I won't ) the first thing someone will ask is do you have the orig box it came in. Hoping some one on the this site maybe the Moderator will know or be able to tell me who I can call to see about this.

Thanks for any help. Dean

:good:
Dean,
Congrats on your new 930. A shame about the shipping and the condition of the box.
Here is what I would suggest. Make the assumption that the mfgr and the dealer want to business right. I would suggest you write a letter to the dealer [for perfect wording of letter, see post above] and see how they react. You are not asking for anything unreasonable. If this were my shop, I'd jump in w/ both feet to help you out.
Say something like: "I like to get a proper box for my purchase. Who do you think is the best person to answer this request?"
Now you've got someone on your side in this quest. The worst that can happen is they give you some name and leave you on your own. The best is they pick up the phone and say, "Send a box to Dean over here."

I used to do commercial disputes as an arbitrator. I'll say that you initial attitude is a great weapon. Getting an ally would be really helpful.

If you try this and you can't get anywhere with it, write back here and I'll suggest some next steps.

Also, on this forum are several knowledgeable people who might be able to vector you in the right direction at OFM.

Used the above info from ( SCOOP ) to e-mail Mossburg to try to get a new box. Will let you know what he said when he replies back to me. Sounds like a really nice guy to me.
Thanks Scoop I really appreciate it sir.

The most convenient thing would be to simply trade your gun for a replacement with an undamaged box. Of course, the gun is not in stock and the dealer would probably want to charge you for a transfer fee. Keep in mind that the serial number is also on the outside of the box. Maybe when/if you get a replacement box you can just swap out the insides?

Kind of hard to tell if your kidding or not Bobster. Due to the fact that I do not know you. The inside of the box is damaged so bad the only way to repair it would be to take clear packing tape & try to repair it. The outside box also has a complete hole in it due to the gun sliding around back & forth. Don't really need a new box for myself but if I ever sold it that would be the first thing the new owner would ask is do you have the original box. I do know that I will half to take all the info off the old box & reinstall it on the new one. Bought a Nordic plus three extention & clamp to go on the 930 & also bought a follower from Nordic. I spoke to the man from Nordic & he said if in any way I was dissatisfied with the entention or the clamp or follower he would refund my money back with no questions asked. Also plan on buying some of the OR3GUN products to improve cycling & reliability of the 930. I recently bought a 870 Remington express pump & got a little carried away with it as far as accessories. Fenix Light with adjustable 30/60/90 brk / Barska Lazer light & brk / Blackhawk pistol grip stock / adjustable / Magpul sling & brk / Mesa tactical sidesaddle 6 shells / The weight now is a factor. The Blackhawk pistol grip Gen 2 stock being the heavy item. It's all bought & paid for but I learned a lesson & will not get to carried away with the 930 as I did with the 870. Right out of the box the 930 spx is a great gun & well worth the money they ask for it. I have learned a lot in the last month from joining this forum & thank everyone who has answered some of my questions. I have a great collection of pistols & rifles but no shotguns. The 930 spx changed all that. I want a JM-PRO now & for $650.00 it's a steal. Buying guns never ends. But I guess it's a good investment. ( I HOPE )

Bobsters ribbin ya Dean. We do that here a lot.
Get in contact with Mossberg.
(800) 363-3555 | 8:00am-4:30pm Eastern
service@mossberg.com

I'AM good ( ripjack13 ) I knew he was. Lot of great helpful people on this forum site. The man from Mossburg Mr. Joseph Zakher E- Mailed me this morning & told me he would send me a new complete box asap. Great News. And thanks again Scoop & everyone else for the info to locate this man. JM-pro is next

I admit that many of the new firearms that I own, I do still have the boxes or cases they came in. And paperwork and whatever was included.

But they're stacked up under my workbench in my basement.

Most of them are not in very good shape anymore. Certainly not "new" condition.

Once I got a new gun home, none of them ever went back in the cardboard box.

BOBSTER / Very sorry if I came on a little to strong. Just turned 65 last month, they tell me you start to get a little cranky in your older age. Hope that's not the case I've alway's been a pretty good guy. I worked at Mack Trucks in Mobile Al, for 35 years & just retired. I know now you were just trying to throw some humor in their & I had to open my big mouth & spoil it.

Got a E-Mail today from MR. Joseph ZAKHER with a tracking number for the new box he has so graciously sent me. Did I need a new box. ( Maybe Not ) Did I want one. ( YES ) To me it took a little away from the absolutely beautiful Shotgun that it is. MR. ZAKHER did not half to send me a box but he did & that tells me a lot about the Mossburg & that is they mean to please & will do everything they need to do to help their customers happy. Hat's off to Mossburg for being the great American Made Shotgun Company they are. Wishing them a Happy New year in 2018.

Glad to hear they took care of it....
Thanks for the update....

Got the new box today I was surprised to see that all the original stickers were on the box & had been re-printed by Mossburg. I did not know they were going to do this. They absolutely went out of their way to make me happy & I greatly appriciate them for being so nice & thoughtful.

Glad your happy. Even better that mossberg took care of you. But I have to think about the 930, and a cardboard box is the last thing I would care about if purchasing used. I don’t think I have ever kept any cardboard box of any firearm I have ever purchased that was under $500 or even $1000. I am more of a user than a collector.

I don’t intend my post to be slanderous. I am more surprised at the value placed on a 930 box.

I have every box for every firearm that I have ever purchased my entire life. In fact a closet full of them to be truthful. Dating back to the 1970's my Colt python 357 magnum. As you say you are a user. I also use a lot of my firearms. But I also collect them as well & my 357 Colt Python also came in a cardboard box. Collecting these older pistols & rifles & still having the box's does indeed make them more valuable. Thanks to all who helped me with my new 930 spx project. I learned a lot from this forum in a short time. If you did not intend for your post to be slanderous you should not of said anything at all. I have tried to be helpful with my posts & follow the moderators rules & guidelines. But your comment in my opinion is one of not to help people but to pass judgement on.

Back