• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A Concerned Citizens Letter To Congress...

S

SHOOTER13

Remember that powerful sheet of parchment called the United States Constitution...that this great country of ours was founded on...the one YOU swore to uphold !?

Remember the subsequent amendments called the Bill of Rights !?

Originally there were just ten of them...the 1st protecting our freedom of speech...the one that allows us to question the government WE THE PEOPLE elected...the same people YOU serve...

Let's look at the 2nd Amendment...

As passed by the Congress in Pennsylvania December 15, 1791.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

MORE GUN LAWS WILL NOT PREVENT TRAGEDIES LIKE THE MASS SHOOTINGS IN THE NEWS RECENTLY...BUT ONE LEGALLY ARMED AND VIGILANT CITIZEN COULD HAVE PREVENTED ALL OF THEM.

PLEASE DO NOT PASS MORE FEEL GOOD LEGISLATION AS IT DOES NOTHING TO PREVENT CRIME, IT ONLY SERVES TO DISARM THE GOOD CITIZENS OF THIS NATION AND LEAVES THEM AT THE MERCY OF MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE WHO WOULD DO THEM HARM.

Sincerely,

A CONCERNED U.S. CITIZEN...
VOTER...
TAXPAYER...
LOYAL AMERICAN...
FAMILY MAN...
& LEGALLY ARMED CITIZEN

Your message was sent to:

President Barack Obama (D)
Senator Bob Casey (D-PA)
Senator Patrick J. Toomey (R-PA)
Representative Allyson Y. Schwartz (D-PA 13th)

=========================

Copy & Paste my letter if you like, or compose your own...but do it NOW...before it is too late !!

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mai ... 26&type=ML

=========================

I sent this one to my state Reps tonight.

Senator Max Baucus,

I am writing to you in regards to the pending assault weapons and magazine bans making their way through Congress. As a Montana citizen I am sure you can agree that many Montanans take their constitutional rights very seriously. And like myself am alarmed that they are under attack by people who know very little about firearms let alone our rights to them as United States citizens. The Second Amendment is not about hunting or target shooting, nor should it be skewed to say that it is only about that. Banning a weapon on apperance alone is not a valid cause. Would you ban all black painted vehicles with tinted windows because it made someone nervous? Would they be banned because most criminals use black painted vehicles to avoid detection from law enforcement and hide while committing a crime? I have heard anti-gun politicians and groups claim that limiting the amount of rounds a magazine can hold will stop the amount of victims in these shooting sprees. I whole heartedly disagree, the discussion should not be centered around how many rounds a gun can hold, or what it looks like. It should be centered around keeping these weapons out of the hands of the mentally ill and criminals who have given up their rights to them through their misdeeds. Disarming the law abiding people who wish to defend their land and homes from these same criminals is not the answer. If members of congress are afforded tax payer paid protection using the very types of weapons that Senator Feinstein proposes to ban, what kind of message is that sending to the American public?
I would hope as a fellow Montanan you will uphold our Constitutional right and vote against any new gun control measures. Put more effort into enforcing the laws we have already passed and give the people who voted for you a fighting chance against the people who would do us harm.

Thanks Shooter! I didn't know you were a fellow Quaker in PA :D

I sent one out with what you have supplied!

Real nice writeup there Towmaster !!

...and yes sir, born and raised in Pennsylvania...best damn state in the union for gun owners !!

Let's hope these letters don't fall onto deaf ears...but I would like them to see the shear volume of gun owners who are appalled at what they "think" is best for us...

SHOOTER13 said:
best damn state in the union for gun owners !!

I just hate not being able to use semi-auto rimfire for ground hog :) bwah haha
I was born in North Carolina but PA is pretty much my Home State as I was raised all my life here :D
I agree it is pretty awesome though!

."

MORE GUN LAWS WILL NOT PREVENT TRAGEDIES LIKE THE MASS SHOOTINGS IN THE NEWS RECENTLY...BUT ONE LEGALLY ARMED AND VIGILANT CITIZEN COULD HAVE PREVENTED ALL OF THEM.

PLEASE DO NOT PASS MORE FEEL GOOD LEGISLATION AS IT DOES NOTHING TO PREVENT CRIME, IT ONLY SERVES TO DISARM THE GOOD CITIZENS OF THIS NATION AND LEAVES THEM AT THE MERCY OF MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE WHO WOULD DO THEM HARM.

shooter thank you for these words. this is what is needed to get across to the american people. we as people have turned our backs on the mentally ill. we need to stop the "let em loose" and reopen the proper facilities to help them and to protect the american people.

im not much of a writer,i hope this came out right. people need to see the real reason behind this tragedy, irresponsible gun owner.

Here is a letter a good friend of mine wrote. It uses a little more stronger wording.

Dear Honorable (insert elected official here),

Clearly this nation is headed in the wrong direction. Every single indicator shows this: a plummeting economy with no economic plan or leadership from a Congress that has not been able (or more likely willing…) to create a budget for the past nearly three years. Our nation’s education standards now barely rank our graduating students in the top 30 of the nations of the world, ever so gently floating above many Developing and Third World nations. Our nation’s moral standards have all but disappeared in the name of “tolerance” and “equality” – two terms that I am utterly convinced that if asked to articulate, that you could not truly define. This list goes on and on.

This turn for the worst is a long term issue that transcends party lines and even the tenures of the current elected officials. While this direction towards an immoral society, towards bankruptcy, and toward the ignoring of the Constitution itself is simply no longer tolerable.

While this letter might be specifically directed towards you in the address line, I also wish you to understand that this letter also applies to those who have served before you in this current seat, as well as others in the Federal branches of the Legislature who have contributed to the decline of the United States in so many ways.

To be general, I disagree with virtually every stance you take. I make no secret that I am a devout Christian and a staunch conservative. But to be specific, and specifically directing this letter to a single issue that I feel defines this nation, our liberties and secures our existence, I wish to express to you my thoughts on the current trend, and your committed and professed desire to implement “gun control” legislation.

I’d be happy to lavish you with all the statistical data that support my firm stance on how gun control legislation not only is ineffective in controlling violent gun related crime. The facts prove that in fact deters it, but I am confident that this information is well known to you, and that, because it does not meet with your personal agenda will continue to be ignored.

That being said, as a constituent that you represent, and one of the majority of Citizens of the State of Washington that do NOT support further gun control legislation in blatant violation of the Second Amendment of the Constitution, I wish to advise you as to how I will react, and how I will rally others to react, should you vote in favor of any further gun control legislation that may come before the Senate for your vote.

Firstly:
Your responsibility as a representative of the constituents of Washington State is in part, to do little more than properly and with integrity, support the majority opinion of those constituents you have been elected to represent. Polling data will easily show that the majority of Washingtonians do not support gun control legislation, and find it a violation of our Constitutional Rights to have those Rights limited or infringed upon in any way, shape, form or fashion. To vote in opposition to the majority opinion of your constituents is a violation of your sworn duty as a Senator.

Should you violate this duty in such a manor, I will do everything within my power to see you, censured by the Senate, removed from office with prejudice under Article I, Section 5, clause 2, of the Constitution. In doing so I will additionally seek that any and all Senatorial privileges including retirement benefits and compensations removed in perpetuity. Additionally, I will seek to bring criminal charges as well, which I will enumerate in subsequent paragraphs.

Secondly:
Should you vote in favor of any gun control legislation I will also seek to bring charges of Treason against you. These charges will be based upon the fact that you have willingly chosen to violate your Oath of Office in which you swore to, “protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic”. Voting to limit the Constitutional Rights of any citizen is a violation of such oath, and an open act of Treason.

On at least two previous occasions the SCOTUS has upheld the Second Amendment of the United States as an individual Right of the PEOPLE, not of the State. Please refer to the District of Columbia v. Heller - 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago - 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939 in which the SCOTUS ruled:

“In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a 'shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length' at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument."

It would behoove you to review this legal standing with some serious and open-minded reflection, as this unanimous opinion of the SCOTUS not only defines the “militia” as any “males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense” – and further enumerates the Second Amendment to specifically protect ownership of military style firearms as a Right of the People.

This shall not be infringed.

In addition to Treason charges, I will also seek charges of Felony Fraud. Fraud in this case would be based on your Oath of Office. In that Oath you swore to protect the Constitution of the United States. Any vote on your part that in any way works towards the removal, limitation or alteration in any way, the Constitutional Rights right of your constituents, is a violation of this oath, and is an open admission to Fraud perpetrated on the People.

Maam, I fully understand that you may think, that you may feel in your heart that a vote to outlaw so called “assault Weapons” is in the best interest of the people. However, your job is not to vote in the manner that YOU see best, but rather in the manner in which your Constituents feel is best. In this Republic, all fails when the elected officials fail to do their duty in representing the People, or protecting the Constitution. A vote in favor of gun control as currently outlined by most people, and as you have released in previous correspondences, would violate BOTH of these issues and is deserving of legal action forcing your removal, and the application of criminal charges.

My Letter to Mr Boehner

"Mr Boehner,

In light of the ongoing battle over "assault weapons" and the 2nd Amendment, I respectfully urge you to use all your political powers and make your voice heard against any ban proposed by the President and his anti-gun power players. It isn't just the assault weapons they want (any weapon used against someone is an assault weapon from a bat to a knife), it is an attack against the very document that makes this country strong. The same document that Congress wraps itself in as a reason for existing.

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights were drafted by our forefathers to protect the People from the tyranny of an overbearing government. The 2nd Amendment is the only portion of the Constitution that gives the people any "teeth" against such a government. Ours should be a government of the people, by the people, for the people but sadly it no longer is. It is about those that wish to control by absolute power, power that can only be achieved by disarming the people.

Today, the President will announce his "vision" and plans on the current "assault weapon" discussion. It is only a first wave of a multi-wave attack on our freedoms. Ultimately, he sees the country completely disarmed. He has already suggested that if Congress doesn't do what he wants, he will enact Executive Orders bypassing Congress and the Constitution. This bypasses the will and the voice of the People. You, Mr Boehner, as the Speaker of the House, must be the voice of the People and oppose any types of bans on firearms and bans on the people protecting being able to protect themselves.

I truly hope that you will use your office to protect the People's voice, their rights and the Constitution.
Good day to you, sir."

John A. said:
Here is a letter a good friend of mine wrote. It uses a little more stronger wording.
Sadly, although it represents the feelings of many people in this country, I suspect that letter's effect will be worse than useless. A letter that attacks the recipient and their job performance will not be effective, and will only increase the feeling idea of "gun-nut-wackos" in the mind of the liberal law makers.

Keep in mind, members of Congress are people, too, (even if you don't like them) and just as you would react negatively to someone who sent you an angry or threatening letter, so do they. Also remember, that letter is not likely to be seen initially by the representative/senator -- it may be filtered by an assistant first, with possibly only a representative sample of letters on any one issue actually reaching the recipient.

Letters make the sender feel better, sometimes that’s good enough. If the sender is satisfied then that’s good enough.
Letters lost their teeth as soon as they turned into emails. Emails don’t slow down the post man, emails don’t fill the mail room and they don’t even fill a trash bag that they have to walk by.
Sorry to have this opinion, but it is the reality of the situation.......we need to quit living in the illusion that they listen or care what the citizens think. They haven’t done that for a while other than the few bones they throw us to create the illusion that they listen and care, don’t take the bait. I for one am tired of being played for a sucker.

The Honorable Steven L. Beshear
Governor of Kentucky
700 Capitol Avenue, Suite 100
Frankfort, KY 40601

The Honorable Jerry E. Abramson
Lt. Governor of Kentucky
700 Capitol Avenue, Suite 142
Frankfurt, KY 40601

The Honorable Jack Conway
Attorney General of Kentucky
700 Capitol Avenue, Suite 118
Frankfort, KY 40601-3449

The Honorable Brandon D. Smith
Kentucky Senate
702 Capitol Avenue
Frankfort, KY 40601

The Honorable Fitz Steele
Kentucky House of Representatives
702 Capitol Avenue
Frankfort, KY 40601

President Barack Obama (D)
Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. (D)
Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)
Representative Harold Rogers (R-KY 5th)

Good evening.

I am writing to express my concern and disdain over how many people in Washington and surrounding states would like to limit or eliminate our Second Amendment Rights as gauranteed by the Constitution of the United States, of which you took a solemn oath to defend.

I am opposed to ALL legislation that would remove or hinder our rights and promise to actively work to remove anyone from office who votes against those rights.

I will also actively work and support anyone (regardless of party affiliation) who votes in a manner that protects our Constitutional rights.

I would also like to add that many States are making Firearm Protection Bills on the state level that protects their state citizens. A few examples are North Carolina, Michigan, Texas, Tennessee, etc and I feel Kentucky should too and am more than a little upset that it hasn't already been written and submitted.

Unfortunately, I feel that it has came to the point that individual states need to do more to protect their citizens from Federal over reach, and I am writing to ask that you either submit, vote in favor, or approve a state bill that prohibits firearm ownership of any firearm, firearm accessory, ammunition, ammunition component, etc, that would possibly otherwise be restricted or prohibited on the Federal level.

Other state elected representatives have no right telling the Commonwealth of Kentucky or its' citizens what they should or should not own and I am drawing a line in the sand.

Please do your job and protect our Rights.

I am carefully watching your action (or inaction) in this very important manner.

Thank you for your time and consideration and I would appreciate a reply and hearing your thoughts in this manner, and specifically what you plan to do about it.

Very well said gentlemen!

Here's my most recent, the second drafted today alone...

The title is, "The Facts About Assault Weapons and Crime"

This is a direct link to the article;
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... %3Darticle

We the people, have absolutely had enough.

This article details and outlines some very significant facts about so called "assault weapons" that us as constituents all know.

Military styled rifles, are just that, they are "styled" to resemble military rifles in appearance only and are otherwise, functionally no different than any other semi-automatic hunting rifle. What is proposed in new bans is a look.

The article also points to flaws in the data sited by Sen. D. Feinstein. The concluded data would actually suggest that crime has fallen since the ban expired in 2004.

All this data and information is not lost on we the people, we as constituents and voters. We expect representation. We know the arguments being made to push for greater controls are bogus, invalid and unsupported. We have far greater access to information than ever before and we won't be fooled. This is why any further infringement will not be tolerated.

Thank you,

Back