• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A couple lock blade folders

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Just finished these up yesterday. Made the scales and back straps for these kit knives - 3.25" blade. Steel is common 440C Stainless. got about 6 more fixed blade knives to make scales and sheaths for but those will have to wait till the weather warms up some. Thanks for looking.

Top knife is Bubinga, lower is Ebony.

foldersoutside2.jpg~original

Last edited:
Nice work Gunny!!

Those look really nice.

I think I like the red wood a little better than the black.

Those look really nice.

I think I like the red wood a little better than the black.

Yeah, me to :). The gaboon (African) ebony I have isn't the top quality jet black you may associate with piano keys but a little lesser grade of that variety (also slightly less expensive, but still over $100/bf). If you look real close you can see some brownish streaks in it.

I don't think anything is wrong with the black, just that reddish tint looks really nice with the silver blade and other parts.

I don't think anything is wrong with the black, just that reddish tint looks really nice with the silver blade and other parts.

I understand. Usually I use ebony for accents on small boxes, handles, drawer pulls and stuff like that. Thought I'd try it out on this. It goes real well with darker woods like walnut. The stuff is real brittle and tends to split along the grain easily which makes it a little difficult to work with for thin pieces.

Back