• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A gun law I could support

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
MO state rep Mike Leara's law would put lawmakers in jail for proposing anti gun laws. It won't pass and he even says it is symbolic but I like the guy.

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) - A Missouri lawmaker is proposing to send colleagues to prison for introducing gun control legislation — a plan that even its sponsor acknowledges has no chance of passage but nonetheless highlights the increasingly strident tone of gun measures in Missouri’s generally pro-gun Legislature.

Rep. Mike Leara said Tuesday that he considers his bill a statement of principle. It would make lawmakers guilty of a felony punishable by up to four years in prison if they introduce legislation restricting gun rights.

“I have no illusions about the bill making it through the legislative process, but I want it to be clear that the Missouri House will stand in defense of the people’s constitutional right to keep and bear arms,” Leara, a Republican from suburban St. Louis, said in a written statement. He declined further comment.

Missouri is pretty split right now.......This proposed Bill is awesome but they also had one proposed last week that banned almost everything semi-auto with a 90 day confiscation window. It's like the two sides are playing a game of "who can propose the craziest Bill that won't pass".

Back