• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A Nightstick idea...

sixbennetts

.270 WIN
So, I love the Shockwave because it fills the desire for a short defensive shotgun that's also fun to shoot, (hence, more shooting = more efficiency = safer/more effective).

Now, this part will anger many, so prepare yourself....

I HATE THE RAPTOR GRIP.

Blasphemous!

So here's an idea. Buy an old checkered wood buttstock and reshape it! Obviously, it might make it shorter than the required 26" to retain it's firearm status with the ATF, so if it's too short, add a +1 or +2 mag extension, or one of those spikes or breacher stand-offs.

Thoughts?
PicsArt_02-09-03.39.22.jpg

*If I stole your image, I apologize.

Partial agreement, hate raptor grip actually hate all shotgun grips. Both aesthetically and functionality, to me they resemble tits on a boar hog :idk:. Shotguns need stocks, ie. See mr @Elbert Garrett shockwave, that's effective functional makes sense.
This is,purely the opinion of a deranged old man don't take to seriously we just talkin.

The grip would have to keep the 26+ inch profile. ATF has been pretty consistent about that in their verbiage and determination letters. Adding a longer magazine tube in their eyes doesn't really cut it because, well, just because they say so and it's a lot easier to change than a grip is I suppose.

But there is another guy who cut down a stock and made a long wood grip on here early last year that looked really good. Factory good even.

If you want to jump through the hoops, if it's legal in your state, you could always form 1 the gun into an SBS (short barrel shotgun) and add an actual stock legally. The stamp costs $200 in bribe money, err, I mean extortion money...err.. I mean tax.

Ok, here's another idea. Pare down the raptor grip! Here's a gif showing how it's possible to reshape the raptor, and still keep the 26" overall length!

PicsArt_02-10-02.32.23.gif
PicsArt_02-10-02.33.31.png

Or, my favorite, a pared-down stock wood raptor grip, (refinished, of course), with a nice Mossberg grip cap and sling swivel stud!

Really bring out the sophisticated side of the Shockwave!

PicsArt_02-10-03.41.37.png

I often wonder if it would be legal to outfit the Shockwave with a "Mare's Leg" style of grip?

The Ithaca Stakeout II has something like it, but I doubt it could be used effectively as a rudimentary stock like an actual Mare's Leg grip.

FTG-Stakeout-2-RH-side.jpg

To my understanding, as long as the overall length exceeds 26 inches, it doesn't matter if you bolt on an empty beer can to the back of it.

I often wonder if it would be legal to outfit the Shockwave with a "Mare's Leg" style of grip?

The Ithaca Stakeout II has something like it, but I doubt it could be used effectively as a rudimentary stock like an actual Mare's Leg grip.

FTG-Stakeout-2-RH-side.jpg
NO, Not in 12gauge if ya like your face....

Back