• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Adapter for 590A1

GR00VY said:
What clamp is that?

Tony617! said:
mrblaq2u said:
Here is a pic of some of the items I will be adding to this girl:

dZwOfIb.jpg

1. Ergo three rail forend
2. Mesa Tactical adapter
3. S&J two rnd extension
4. Enidine Shot Shock
5. Magpul CTR w/extended butt pad
6. Hogue grip (not pictured)

Let me know what yall think of these updates I will be putting on her!!

Do you have a barrel clamp for your S&J 2 shot extension? The threads are pretty fine even on the 590A1. I have a barrel clamp on my extension.

a9ebanat.jpg

I don't recall what brand that clamp was. It came with my first flashlight that was mounted to the barrel. It lasted. a couple of rounds and then the light fell off.

mrblaq2u, hello, is that model #51414 you have there? How do you like the fluted barrel and do you feel it stays a little cooler or does it just look cooler? Interested in your take on any effect or gain from it!
Sure looks nice with what you've done to it!

mrblaq2u said:
Here are a few more pics for yall enjoyment as I am in love with the final results!!!

5lCb3qc.jpg

SiwLzVJ.jpg

rxkGfFE.jpg

ELBmyFW.jpg

6gxIPWr.jpg

6OKjCyN.jpg

Yes it is! I have noticed that the barrel is not as hot when I'm done compared to my other mossys. But just for sheer sexiness I love it. The trigger is an added bonus as well!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

mrblaq2u said:
Yes it is! I have noticed that the barrel is not as hot when I'm done compared to my other mossys. But just for sheer sexiness I love it. The trigger is an added bonus as well!

Thanks, Good to know. I'm awaiting delivery of the same gun and was curious, Did you ever get a barrel clamp of any kind? If so, which one worked for you?
S&J makes a newer clamp that is for a flashlight also but they have been out of stock for a while.

Kind of irritating to me that mossbergs description on their website says it's a 3 dot sight, and they don't update the advertised specs on their own website even after it's been pointed out to them.

Glad to hear you like it, as that makes me feel like I made a good choice with the LPA and fluted barrel.
But I knew any model 590 I chose would have been a good one!

Tony617! said:
GR00VY said:
What clamp is that?

Do you have a barrel clamp for your S&J 2 shot extension? The threads are pretty fine even on the 590A1. I have a barrel clamp on my extension.

a9ebanat.jpg
[/quote]

I don't recall what brand that clamp was. It came with my first flashlight that was mounted to the barrel. It lasted. a couple of rounds and then the light fell off.[/quote]

Is that flashlight mount the one that you can get from S&j hardware? The one they now show as a current clamp for the +2 extension is what I want to get if they ever get them back in stock. I think it's $42 as a separate item.

a9ebanat.jpg

I don't recall what brand that clamp was. It came with my first flashlight that was mounted to the barrel. It lasted. a couple of rounds and then the light fell off.

Is that flashlight mount the one that you can get from S&j hardware? The one they now show as a current clamp for the +2 extension is what I want to get if they ever get them back in stock. I think it's $42 as a separate item.

It is a CDM Gear MTR mount for my Streamlight TLR-1s light.

Thanks for that Tony, I think it's a nice looking setup!
I forgot to ask if you've remembered what barrel clamp that is yet. It just makes sense to me to use one with the extension! All the ones I've seen come with a rail or no rail but only fit an 870.

Naw Stegle, haven't broke down yet to purchase one. Been working on some of my other projects. Let me know when you get yours!

Stegle said:
Thanks for that Tony, I think it's a nice looking setup!
I forgot to ask if you've remembered what barrel clamp that is yet. It just makes sense to me to use one with the extension! All the ones I've seen come with a rail or no rail but only fit an 870.

It is the barrel clamp that came with with the Choate extension that I had on my 590A1 previously.

Thanks again Tony, I'm still waiting on my replacement to arrive. I bought an Elzetta ZSM barrel clamp flashlight mount. I haven't looked into how you post pics on here yet, can someone point me to some directions for that. I have the tiny URL app to size pics so I hope that will work.

Here are a few more pics for yall enjoyment as I am in love with the final results!!!

5lCb3qc.jpg

SiwLzVJ.jpg

rxkGfFE.jpg

ELBmyFW.jpg

6gxIPWr.jpg

6OKjCyN.jpg
That is an awesome set up! Same one that I ordered recently for my 590a1. Took a while to find the Enidine shock as it has been discontinued according to Mesa Tactical.

Man, I've been trying to get to this but my phone has been soooooo slow today!

The 590 looks awesome! Fluted barrel, lba trigger, and lots of other good parts! Nice work, glad you're diggin how it handles!

Hey mrblaq2u! New member here... Thanks for the detailed photos!! Helped pushed me over the edge and place an order for the exact same model... should be coming in hopefully early next week. CAN NOT WAIT!! My 2nd shotgun but first Mossy... had planned on a 20" 590a1 to begin with but got talked out of it. Kinda works out as it gave me time to REALLY do the research and decide what I really wanted and its the 18.5" with the fluted barrel. Do you think the fluting does much to save weight / keep cooler?? Or is it just aesthetics?? Got a bunch of toys for it already so I'll probably start a build thread when it comes in.

Another question for ya... what do you think about the LPA trigger?? I can't really find much info on it. I know what it is but not many has talked about it. The only real "review" of it I found said something about a "side click" and how it may not be the best if the main purpose for the shotgun was home defense. What are you thoughts?? I was able to pick up a cheap second hand 500 trigger assembly with the plastic housing off eBay which I thought I could swap in if the LPA wasn't dependable enough, tho I'd rather have the metal housing.

Thanks again for the photos and the info!! Sweet looking rig... We'll have to compare set-ups when mine comes in!! :)

Back