• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ADJUSTABLE POWER: Rimfire Scope Options

nitesite said:
My favorite .22 rimfire scope has been a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn 1.5~4.5x - 32mm. Great eye relief, and the 1.5x comes in downright handy a lot of times. Also it is very compact and doesn't overbalance the looks of the smaller rifles.

I've bought three and been happy with every one and paid I think around $100 each.
That's my AR competition scope - great bang for the buck! I set it per stage and at 1.5 I can Use the scope or 45* BUIS or if the stage has long and short crank it to 4.5 and 100+ yds is pretty easy. Walmart and Amazon had them at $86 late last year.

OH - being redundant. Still true though and going strong. BTT with the thread!!

I recently got the Simmons 44mag in the pictures above back from my brother in a trade.

I don't know about the newer 44 Mags, but the older ones like mine were made in the Phillipines, supposedly by the same company as some of Nikon's stuff. The newer ones have a side focus, instead of an AO.

My understanding is that this same scope has been redesigned on the outside, but is still available from Weaver, in ther 40/44 line.

I have a Bushnell Trophy XLT 2-6x32 LER on my Ruger MKIII Hunter. Very nice optic and reasonably priced too.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Here's a pic of the new Simmons 22 MAG 3-9x32...

I have one of these that I was going to use on a Marlin 60 but found a different one I liked better so I had this sitting around and really kinda forgot about it till I got my 715T 37229 and thought about using it there, but it seems that it would be kinda longish for an AR22 platform, and I really won't be shooting out too far, so I'm wondering if maybe a compact scope like a Leaper's UTG would be better or go with a red dot? My eyesight isn't what it used to be, and even with glasses it's kinda hard to tell limbs from squirrels at more than 75 yards or so, which keeps me leaning toward a 3x9 more than a red dot. Any preference, and why one over the other? Interested in hearing the difference, thanks!

I'm fond of a little magnification as well.

If your 715T is a flat-top I don't see why the Simmons wouldn't work. You could always find a shorter 3x or 4x fixed magnification optic. The NcStar MKIII series scopes are a great option for a .22lr rifle. I put one of them on my wife's AR-22...

Hers is a fixed 4x32, but they come in several different fixed and adjustable magnification options as well as both mil-dot and rangefinder reticles...

CDNN Sports: NcStar MKIII Series Scopes

I bought a centerpoint scope from Wally world (it was an open box buy) for $40 but it had no instructions or rings w/ it. And I'm not sure of the magnification but its pretty stong and has been VERY durable!! There are centerpoint's that look like mine and I assume are the same as mine at Dick's and Wal Mart for $79.00-90.00. You can change the reticle to red, green, or normal black and as I said earlier it's very stong . If your on a budget or just a cheap a$$ like me check out a centerpoint I have been very surprised & pleased w/ mine.

Thanks for the info Mike.

I have one of those Centerpoint 3x9 scopes around here somewhere. It worked pretty well for me until I traded up to something with higher magnification...

Nikon P-22, 2-7x32 Matte BDC 150 Reticle. Bolt handle barely misses scope. I mean, "another coat of paint clearance". Very bright, fully multicoated optics. Reticle has ability to match scope with ammo and load on 'Nikon Hunting Spot On' website. Return to zero turrets. Mounted on a Savage B-MAG .17 WSM.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv5%3A%3A4%3Dot%3E36%3B%3B%3D755%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E277%3A9%3C4%3C8925%3Aot1lsi

Nice glass!

I know you're lookin forward to dialing it in. Can't wait to see you put a few of those little rounds through the same hole...

Back