• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Adjustable stock questions...

Unalist

Copper BB
First, would someone review the quality of the adjustable stock?

Is it solid, reliable etc.? I saw one review said it was "wobbly". Is this is common?

Second, would AR parts fit on it if I had to or wanted to replace the shoulder stock or tube? I can tell the whole thing won't fit on an AR but apart from the piece that fits to the shotgun the rest looks mil-spec and interchangable.

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/mossberg-590-pump-action-stock-options.3257/

There are 11 pages in that link with the opinions of their respective owners and users. Scroll through and see if something stands out, there should be plenty of pics.

To the best of my knowledge, most of the shotgun stocks like ATI or similar, may use a tube that is neither mil-spec nor commercial in size. I'm just going on foggy memory here. There are some for certain which use one of those common dimensions so that any AR stock available in those sizes will work. Mesa Tactical low tube adapter comes to mind. They used to make a high tube adapter that would put the stock inline with the bore more like an AR but the Mossberg safety is an issue in that case and a receiver rail that spans from the adapter, above and across the safety, and then mount to the receiver was a must. But a low tube adapter and cheek riser could work.

Anyway, if you see something specific and want some more info just holler.

Back