• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Aftermarket stock with thinner wrist

Yarob

.22LR
I like everything about my Mossbergs better than my Remingtons EXCEPT the way they feel. I really like the straighter, thinner wrist of the factory synthetic stock on the Remingtons and I wonder if there are any aftermarket stocks for the Mossberg that have a thinner wrist. I read where the Speed Feed Sport Stock was supposed to replicate the shape of the Remington factory stock and the Speed Feed is available for the Mossberg, but my question is, does the Speed Feed stock actually replicate the Remington shape in the models made to fit the Mossberg? I asked this same question on the live chat feature on the Speed Feed site but I'm not confident in the answer I received. Does anybody here have one of the Speed Feed Sport stocks and is it in fact thinner through the wrist than the chunky factory Mossberg stock? Thanks!

Which factory stock do you have? There are two common factory stocks: one has a solid recoil pad, the other has a ventilated pad. The ventilated recoil pad has a big fat grip; you want the one with the solid pad.

I cannot speak about Speedfeed since it has been many years. Have you tried Hogue?

Thanks for the quick reply blacksmith. I have the stocks with the solid recoil pads so it's good to know I have the least-chunky of the two factory stocks. These stocks are still fat feeling compared to the Remington stocks. I haven't tried the Hogue stocks but then I'm not a fan of rubber covered stocks and their overall gripiness.

The stock you have is pretty thin, it will be hard to find anything smaller.

I doubt you'll like the Hogue but by all means, try it on if you are able.

Magpul has recently come out with a Mossberg stock :roll:

Would a thumbhole stock work better for you? Could see if shoten can measure how boyd's stock for you?

Back