• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK House bill 24 signed

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Congratulations to the Great State of Alaska! :D

Alaska: Governor Signed Important Pro-Gun Legislation Today

Posted on June 20, 2013

Today, Governor Sean Parnell (R) signed into law House Bill 24. This landmark self-defense improvement law ensures stronger protections for law-abiding Alaskans from criminals and criminal prosecution if he or she must exercise necessary self-defense measures without retreating from any place they have a legal right to be. HB 24, introduced by state Representative Mark Neuman (R-10), passed in the state Senate on April 11 by a 15-4 vote after approval by the House of Representatives in a 29-4 vote in March. This bill takes positive steps to ensure that the law protects the innocent – not criminals – and will take effect in ninety days.

Under existing state law, if a person is justified in using deadly force in self-defense, there is no duty-to-retreat if the person is in his or her home, business or on his or her own property. In any other place, however, if a person “knows” that he or she can safely retreat from an encounter, the person is legally required to do so. This legislation would extend this protection so a person, if justified in using deadly force in self-defense, has no-duty-to-retreat from any place the person has a legal right to be. Therefore, as the law stood before enactment of HB 24, a person who resisted an aggressor bore the risk of a finding that, although the response was proportional to the reasonably-perceived threat, the person overestimated the difficulty of getting away unscathed and is, therefore, guilty of a crime despite being justified to react with defensive force. Removing the retreat provision shifts some of the risk calculation back to the aggressor.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state ... today.aspx

Just another reason why I can't leave the state! I'd venture to say this puts us at the top of the list for Firearms and 2A friendly states :D Now lets see some other states in this Union follow suit.

Florida has had this for years. Basis of the Zimmerman/ Martin case. Stand your ground laws are gaining around the country.

Florida was first stand your ground state, first shall issue state and first state with a million concealed carry permits. And another quarter million since then.

Plus Alaska is cold. :)

Jeff

Sent from my Droid. Spelling errors are the phone. Logic errors probably aren't...

Many states have Castle doctrines and right to defense.

KY has it, and according to field and stream (I think), ranked KY at #5 in the nation for pro gun laws.

Ok. Let the contest begin. :lol:

In MS, we'll have open carry in a few days, with no license or permit required unless you fully conceal it. No permits to buy guns or ammo required. It's legal to shoot deer, turkey and other critters with anything including a .22, and castle doctrine has been the law for a century. We're 18th, but gunsandammo http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/03/14/g ... s-in-2013/ didn't include our new open carry law, so that will move us up. :cool:

Way to stomp on my parade guys... It's not like I brag about Alaska all the time ;) And I like the cold :D

GunnyGene said:
Ok. Let the contest begin. :lol:

In MS, we'll have open carry in a few days, with no license or permit required unless you fully conceal it.

congratulations for becoming a free state

GunnyGene said:
No permits to buy guns or ammo required.
congradulations on being like a whole hell of a lot of other people

GunnyGene said:
It's legal to shoot deer, turkey and other critters with anything including a .22
would that be long rifle ?

GunnyGene said:
and castle doctrine has been the law for a century.

wow that's pretty cool......the only thing better is the dead men don't talk law....been on the books here since 1859

PA isn't as enlightened as some of the states you guys live in but I think we do pretty good considering some of our neighbors.
No permit required: gun/ammo buying, open carry
Permit: shall issue for concealed carry. A concealed permit is the only way to legally armed off your property if marshal law is declared.
No restrictions on magazine capacity either. Castle Doctrine enacted when most states were enacting them. They tried to "reopen dialog" after the Treyvon Martin debacle but it didn't happen. The libs were so upset..."how can people be permitted to shoot an intruder when they can retreat?"

Current state by state rating by Guns and Ammo Magazine. I won't spoil the surprise but will say PA came in at 20. Let the debate begin:
http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/03/14/ga-ranks-the-best-states-for-gun-owners-in-2013/

that list.....its as lame as the first time I read it.......they have no open carry states listed above other states that allow it and always have....just really read through the list and look at the criteria.

Ky is open carry with no permit too. :)

Yeah...but none of your states have this.....

sarah-palin-gun-bikini1.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back