• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The AK47 Pic Thread

IMGP0356.jpg

My Polish 1960 along with a buddy's Romanian SAR-1. I added an AK-74 style muzzle brake to mine after hearing that it's one of the most effective ones at reducing muzzle climb. I also think it looks better than the slant brake.

My AK-Hunter. Rgistered with the state of CT as an assault weapon. :shock:
Brilliant Legislation :eek:
DSCN3028.jpg

akgunnut said:
IMGP0356.jpg

My Polish 1960 along with a buddy's Romanian SAR-1. I added an AK-74 style muzzle brake to mine after hearing that it's one of the most effective ones at reducing muzzle climb. I also think it looks better than the slant brake.

Very nice. I have the same muzzle brake for my VEPR, but I took it off after complaints from everyone standing to either side of me - hehehe...it does a great job of directing the blast to the side. ;)
And with 7.62x39, it really doesn't climb that bad. I'm able to keep double-taps where I need and want them to be ;)

LTB45 said:
My AK-Hunter. Rgistered with the state of CT as an assault weapon. :shock:
Brilliant Legislation :eek:
DSCN3028.jpg

Yep...all those forest critters probably filed complaints about being 'assaulted' by sticks like that ;)

That's nice.

SHOOTER13's AKMS...

Here's a pic of my Yugoslavian AKMS ( 7,62x39mm ) manufactured by Zastava Arms in the city of Kragujevac, in modern day Serbia.

TECHNICAL DATA

Assault Rifle M70AB2
Calibre (mm) 7,62x39
Twist rate (mm) 240
Number of grooves 4

Weight (kg)
Weapon 4.04
Magazine, empty (30 rounds) 0.36

Length (mm)
Weapon with folded stock 900
Barrel 415

Mechanical Features
Type of fire- Semi-Auto
Operation- Gas operated
Locking system- Rotating bolt

Muzzle velocity (m/s) 720
Rate of fire (rounds/min.) 620
Maximum effective range (m) 300

Re: SHOOTER13's AKMS

Let see how I can screw up this thread...

:lol:

Nice rifle there, Shooter!

I use to have a Romanian AK47, I liked it, Never let me down, As it should be :D

Romanian PSL 7.62x54r

I just had to have this one and my Sig556 had to go to get her in the safe. I got $1000 for the sig556 and this one ran me about $650 out the door. She is a great shooter so far and the older style scope is excellent. Came with 5 10 round mags and a carry pouch for the mags as well as an old style scope cover and 120 54r rounds..

Re: Romanian PSL 7.62x54r

Another beauty! So you like how this one shoots then? I have always been interested in these but haven't had the chance to shoot one.

DHonovich said:
Another beauty! So you like how this one shoots then? I have always been interested in these but haven't had the chance to shoot one.

Shoots very nice for my needs out to 200 yards with accuracy and power. Cycles the old surplus ammo fine though I did have one Feed failure out of about 200 rounds. My wife even shot this one and liked it..

Next in my Radar is an M76 in 8mm..

Good looking PSL. As to the Yugo M76, watch out for the ones made here as some are lemons--not sure as I quite looking at them when 8mm got crazy scarce. Well, then there is the M76 that were brought in and had to be returned because of a little full auto action if the selector was set in the middle of the fire and safe. What a disappointment it was returning those rifles to SOG.

Just ordered some new furniture and am going to restore my AK to its classic wood look. The new set is Romanian and comes with a wooden lower hanguard that has a foregrip built in...

I don't yet know what condition the wood will be in and may need refinishing, but it should be fun either way. I guess I just needed another project...

^ Not much to tell yet.

All I know so far is that they have my money and I have this nice picture. My first time ordering from this place, so I don't wanna post up any details until the transaction's complete and I know they're reputable. I'll post up a nice full review when I receive the goods...

Yea sniper...looking forward to it...!! Where's the furniture from ?

The set showed up and the wood is in used, but great condition. As stated in the link the stock ships with no metal, so a butt plate, trap door, and sling attachment point will need to be purchased separately. I'll use the ones from the stock set that came on my rifle. The finish was more of a greyish-brown than in the photo above so I've stripped it down and will refinish it. Here's the set ready for the first coat of stain...

I've since stained the set and will let it dry overnight, give it a coat of laquer, and post up some new pics once the job is done.

Ooooh, lookin good! Cant wait to see the finished wood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back