• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Alabama monster hog

I bet that old monster is so tough, you wouldn't be able to eat it without your dentures in.

That thing is a WHOPPER.

Glad that is something we don't have around here.

Yet.

But according to various state tracker maps, they're getting closer. Within about 120 miles or so. It won't be long.

Now that's a pig!!

I never want to hear another soul tell me that a .38 is not enough gun....for anything.

In all honesty and fairness, we used to kill our hogs with a 22lr to the forehead or ear.

Granted they weren't wild hogs and was pretty close range. And never one as big as this one. I've never seen another like what was in the photo.

Has to be a record.

So can you make a set of seat covers out of it? Dog food? Anything?

Update. There was a lot of chatter and discussion localy on concerning this pig. Many experienced hunters questioning size and formation etc... Well much the missing info has been revealed. Upon returning home from being out of town a couple discovered that a prized crossbred breeder boar had broken out of its enclosure. Rut Ro Raggy

Last edited:
Update. There was a lot of chatter and discussion localy on concerning this pig. Many experienced hunters questioning size and formation etc... Well much the missing info has been revealed. Upon returning home from being out of town discovered that a prized crossbred breeder boar had broken out of its enclosure. Rut Ro Raggy

Huh. Well, without knowing the farmer or other details, I still say kudos to the home owner. A loose hog is how it starts.

Own a prized hog? Do yourself and the surrounding ecosystem a favor: Build a prized fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
now I have raised a lot of hogs in my time, including a big duroc boar that was bigger than the boar pictured, and the first thing you do is cut them tuskers off when they are born, you don't want anything like that in with your stock because there dangerous to your other hogs, so I am skeptical of this being a prize breeder

wild hogs do get this big and bigger down south there, I have seen a 800 pounder that came off the swanny river in northern FL, that was a true monster, and it was a domestic bloodline that had gone feral, that is how most of the hogs in that area started, some Russian boars were turned loose up around Eufalua Al. a few years back and there have been some cross breeding

Getting more reports of feral pigs / boars up every year. Haven't seen one myself but we can hunt them year round in BC with no bag limit and without a tag.

I'm guessing now that they're here its just a matter of time before they become a real problem.

Back