• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

All Metal trigger group

i can haz 590 trigger group?

who has one laying around they dont want?

Seriously doubt you'll find anyone here with one that's not in use.

Brownells is the only place I know of that keeps the 590A1 trigger assemblies in stock on a regular basis...

http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...ards/mossberg-trigger-assembly-prod24369.aspx

All said, we've seen folks here "upgrade" their housing to metal on occasion but it's always been for aesthetic reasons. The factory 500 housings are solid. You'll wear out metal parts in the action before the poly trigger housing...

Has the Model 500 always come with plastic trigger assembly?, even back in the 1960's when it first was introduced?
Mark

Seriously doubt you'll find anyone here with one that's not in use.

Brownells is the only place I know of that keeps the 590A1 trigger assemblies in stock on a regular basis...

http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...ards/mossberg-trigger-assembly-prod24369.aspx

All said, we've seen folks here "upgrade" their housing to metal on occasion but it's always been for aesthetic reasons. The factory 500 housings are solid. You'll wear out metal parts in the action before the poly trigger housing...

ha - yes ive found out they are like unicorns.

oh and shes almost done:
IMAG0253.jpg

Last edited:
The only problem I ever experienced with the trigger assembly on my 500 was a malfunction of the dissconnector,
the little torsion spring that pushes it down slipped between the disconnector bar and the plastic body of the trigger housing.

What I had to do to rectify the situation was rather complicated in execution, but simple in execution

What Precisely needed to be done was I had to carefully smooth the top surface of the disconector bar then
Groove the top of the bar, this coupled with a "ski tip" bend to the tip of that spring so the tip of the spring would stay where it belongs during normal operation.

Back