• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Alright, I Just Gotta Ask....

Yes teachers need to carry guns but not English teachers and math teachers.

Every public school should have paid certified firearms instructors on staff. They should be armed, and they should determine who else in that school gets training and gets armed.

They should also teach firearms safety at the school to every child. We had it in school in Minnesota and it was no big deal.

But the key here is to keep the guns out of the school to begin with. We need a guy with a dog at the door, who can sniff guns.

As soon as a dog points on somebody, the handler signals for a backup Squad, and they take the kid aside and figure out what's going on.

If we had put this system on every school in the state of Florida for 10 years it would cost less than what's going on in this one investigation with 17 dead.

Here are a couple of news stories about the Dalton GA teacher/shooter. WTVC is channel 9 out of Chattanooga, TN.

Dalton High School teacher charged after gun incident at school Wednesday

DALTON, Ga. (WTVC) - Dalton Police spokesman Bruce Frazier says police officers are on the scene at Dalton High School, where a teacher is in custody after barricading himself inside a classroom.
Police confirm at least one shot was fired during the incident, which took place over the course of about an hour.
Frazier says at about 11:30 a.m., social studies teacher Jesse Randal Davidson told the students to leave the classroom and he locked them out. The students alerted the principal, who then tried to get inside the classroom. Frazier says the principal then heard at least one gunshot. The shot went through an exterior window.
A previous police report released by the Dalton Police Department suggests that Davidson was "delusional." You can read the full report here.
------------------------------------------------
Previous police report suggests teacher in Dalton HS gun incident was "delusional"
DALTON, Ga. — Dalton Police have released incident reports involving Dalton High School teacher Jesse Randal Davidson, who was arrested Wednesday after a gun incident.

The police report says that in March 2016, Jesse Randal Davidson wanted to confess to police that he was involved in a murder of a woman with whom he had previously had an internet affair.

In the report, Davidson told police that two friends may have killed the woman.

Davidson didn't identify the friends, and police called his description as vague, and said they were unable to verify that the woman even existed.

Davidson told police that he had just been released from the hospital that day.

The report also reads that Davidson talked about hurting himself while talking to police. He was then taken to the hospital.

Here are a couple of news stories about the Dalton GA teacher/shooter. WTVC is channel 9 out of Chattanooga, TN.

Dalton High School teacher charged after gun incident at school Wednesday

DALTON, Ga. (WTVC) - Dalton Police spokesman Bruce Frazier says police officers are on the scene at Dalton High School, where a teacher is in custody after barricading himself inside a classroom.
Police confirm at least one shot was fired during the incident, which took place over the course of about an hour.
Frazier says at about 11:30 a.m., social studies teacher Jesse Randal Davidson told the students to leave the classroom and he locked them out. The students alerted the principal, who then tried to get inside the classroom. Frazier says the principal then heard at least one gunshot. The shot went through an exterior window.
A previous police report released by the Dalton Police Department suggests that Davidson was "delusional." You can read the full report here.
------------------------------------------------
Previous police report suggests teacher in Dalton HS gun incident was "delusional"
DALTON, Ga. — Dalton Police have released incident reports involving Dalton High School teacher Jesse Randal Davidson, who was arrested Wednesday after a gun incident.

The police report says that in March 2016, Jesse Randal Davidson wanted to confess to police that he was involved in a murder of a woman with whom he had previously had an internet affair.

In the report, Davidson told police that two friends may have killed the woman.

Davidson didn't identify the friends, and police called his description as vague, and said they were unable to verify that the woman even existed.

Davidson told police that he had just been released from the hospital that day.

The report also reads that Davidson talked about hurting himself while talking to police. He was then taken to the hospital.
I hate to say it but it sure is strange how days after Trump suggests arming teachers this “loonie” shows up.

Weird “coincidence” confirming the fears of all the lefty talking heads or no coincidence at all???

Man I hate these tinfoil hats, they’re not very comfy but nonetheless I just can’t seem to take it off.

This guy was looney well before Trump was on the political scene. Yet there is an element of strangeness to the timing.

Trump said he would ban bumpstocks by executive order. He also said guns should be taken from unstable people first then look at due process. A couple years ago the obama team said gun owning right wing conservatives were domestic terriorist. Who decides who is “unstable” when the dems get back in power? The fight is still coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump can't ban bump stocks by EO any more than any other president can't ban stuff by EO.

EO's are nothing more than executive orders in how government agencies are managed.

If he bans EO's, it'll only be for the military. And in their case, they're already exempt from how fast they shoot their guns so they don't care anyway.

That's about all I've got to say about that.

Does anyone have a clue what happens to people who already legally purchased bump stocks? I put one on an AR didn’t feel right took it off. Put one on an AK like the feel better than the wood stock. Of course I absolutely cannot use it except semi-auto cause of recoil. Just wondering about current owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it was MA who banned the bumpstocks and said everyone had to turn them into the state police. Something about a felony if you didn't.

http://www.salemnews.com/news/state...cle_7fdba9fe-2cbb-564f-965e-a0a775c3e5da.html

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/02/02/bump-stock-massachusetts-ban/

The last report that I read, said a grand total of FOUR were forfeited. And one of the links above said that it would almost certainly be contested in the courts.

As for executive orders, the president doesn't write the laws. That's Congress' job.

The only thing the President can arbitrarily do is direct how gov't agencies run.

While the ATF can "trump-up" a bunch of BS bogus regulations that have the force of law, he can't technically ban anything. If that was the case, don't doubt for a second that obama would have banned everything his self already.

So, without having seen anything specific about them, no one can really answer your question.

And the big difference that I see here compared to the MA ban, is federal law is bound by the Bill of Rights.

I've heard some people speculate that the Attorney General could re-open the NFA registry to allow new machinegun registrations, I've heard some speculate that the gov't would have to pay for the property, I've heard some speculate that the gov't would have to give you a tax deduction, etc.

But again, all this is just speculation for the time being.

Back