• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Amazon Rekognition

CaddmannQ

.50 BMG
A lot of critics of Amazon's new facial recognition software say that it is a blatant attack on individual privacy rights.

(In) May, in a statement, an Amazon Web Services spokesperson said, “Quality of life would be much worse today if we outlawed new technology because some people could choose to abuse the technology. Imagine if customers couldn’t buy a computer because it was possible to use that computer for illegal purposes?”

Gee . . . imagine not being able to buy a gun for the same reasons? Or just not being able to buy one at all, like at Walmart?

Meanwhile from Business Insider:

"Gun-control activists are calling for Amazon to cut tieswith the NRA and stop offering the guns-rights group's TV channel as part of its streaming service. So far, the e-commerce giant has stayed silent, despite boycott threats . . . . The reactions to NRA boycotts reveals how Walmart has become more attuned to customers' perceptions - and how Amazon is turning into one of the biggest villains in retail."

Do you fellows realize that it will be possible now for a .....(fill in the blank) to chase someone down with a face recognizing drone? It just has to look at people until it finds someone on its list, then tag them.

A lot of critics of Amazon's new facial recognition software say that it is a blatant attack on individual privacy rights.

(In) May, in a statement, an Amazon Web Services spokesperson said, “Quality of life would be much worse today if we outlawed new technology because some people could choose to abuse the technology. Imagine if customers couldn’t buy a computer because it was possible to use that computer for illegal purposes?”

Gee . . . imagine not being able to buy a gun for the same reasons? Or just not being able to buy one at all, like at Walmart?

Meanwhile from Business Insider:

"Gun-control activists are calling for Amazon to cut tieswith the NRA and stop offering the guns-rights group's TV channel as part of its streaming service. So far, the e-commerce giant has stayed silent, despite boycott threats . . . . The reactions to NRA boycotts reveals how Walmart has become more attuned to customers' perceptions - and how Amazon is turning into one of the biggest villains in retail."

The left gets to pick and choose what they determine is illegal these days and the main stream media backs them 100%. They want to tell us what we can and cannot, eat,drink,buy, and what we have to buy. The pproblem them younger generations think it is just the normal way of life.

Easy fix.

Don't use such junk.

Buy from somewhere else.

I don't even own a smartphone. I'm not missing a thing ;)

I didn't own one until the Galaxy7 came out. I bought the well-proven 6.
The 7 was a big flop, because you could bend one by sitting on it, and it would ignite in your back pocket.

Back