• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AMC's "Into The Badlands"

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"

First episode is pretty good so far.

The fight scenes are awesome and seriously brutal. Could care less about the story at this point, but if it stays action packed it might keep my attention for a while...

Dam...beat me to this one. Lol.

I'm recording it....I'll report later tomorrow.

I watched it...not bad. I don't know if I can afford to get sucked in by another series, though... I just keep thinking there HAS to be guns stashed SOMEWHERE! Then I would be bringing a gun to a knifefight! ;)

Speaking of edged weapons, I saw a movie on AMC about a week ago "The Raid: Redemption" and it totally KICKED ASS! :D Mucho maniacal martial machete manipulation! :p Only issue was that it was sub-titled, but a minor one at that... Highly recommended! :) LINK

Attachments

• the-raid-redemption.jpg
    the-raid-redemption.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 8
Damn, forgot all about this. I've got too much going on can't even keep the handful of shows I watch or want to watch straight.

DVR is getting full but it was set to record the series.
Saw the episode last night.
Is this the future or the past?
All the cars and trucks look like the past except the motorcycle looks up to date.

So is the kid some kind of magical Kung Fu killer?

Speaking of edged weapons, I saw a movie on AMC about a week ago "The Raid: Redemption" and it totally KICKED ASS! :D Mucho maniacal martial machete manipulation! :p Only issue was that it was sub-titled, but a minor one at that... Highly recommended! :) LINK

The Raid is one of my favorite movies. I want to see The Raid 2 so bad. It's been on Encore a few times, but I haven't been able to catch it yet. If you liked The Raid, I also highly recommend Merantau. It features the same actor(s) as in the two Raid movies, Iko Uwais. I keep thinking that Iko Uwais would be perfect for this show, and hope he eventually makes an appearance.

Going into this show I didn't have high hopes. I really only watched it because there wasn't anything else on, and I was curious, if not a bit annoyed that they pushed Talking Dead back an hour. Once it came on, I thoroughly enjoyed it (even if it is a Bunraku rip off :p). I was expecting it to be boring like Low Winter Sun or the snooze fest that has become The Walking Dead. I'm intrigued by the mystical city they keep mentioning. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Is this the future or the past?
All the cars and trucks look like the past except the motorcycle looks up to date.

So is the kid some kind of magical Kung Fu killer?

I was wondering that, too. For the future it doesn't look very futuristic. It'd be better explained if it was some sort of alternate universe rather than the "future." But then again, Bunraku was the same way. :D

When the bully in the barracks picked the fight with him, I just knew something was gonna happen. When the kid's eyes started glowing I was like, "Yup, there it is." lol It's too bad the governor wasn't also in the future. He could give the bully some pointers on life with an eyepatch.

At the football game yesterday....

DVR'd it for tonight's viewing !!

With the second episode coming up tonight, I was thinking about The Raid 2. I finally got to see it. Where do I begin? lol It is one long movie. About two and a half hours. It definitely earns its R rating with the content, dialogue, and violence. You could start WW3 with all the F bombs dropped. During the action scenes, I think it one-ups the first one. Holy moly are they some violent scenes. The fight scenes look sped up, but they're not. That's just how fast these guys are. If you saw the first movie, and liked it, I highly recommend the second one. It was a bit odd to see a right-hand drive Blazer in the movie. I didn't know Chevy made them like that for other markets. The biggest gripe I have with The Raid movies is the dubbing (I don't care for dubbing). I'd rather watch it with subtitles like Merantau. I find dubbed movies too distracting, and I'd rather hear the actor's real voices.

SHOOTER: DO NOT READ THIS POST IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED THE SHOW YET!!!!!

Watched the first episode. Very cliché filled. Plantations, southern "barons", and the ever present unhappy-I-want-it-all-now bratty kid. But it has merit so i'll keep watching it. The bike is a cool piece but how far can he go on it without widespread fuel. Choreography is pretty darn good. Love the blades. A man could be king with a few illegal firearms and a cache of ammo.

Eh...Seen both episodes ( Thanks OA )....why do they always ruin a good premise ( choreographed knife fights ) with a bratty kid...?!

Fast Forwarded to the fight parts, don't care about the back story...kinda like FTWD..."who cares characters".

And why split TWD and TD shows...?

God, I love my DVR !!!

I like it so far. Still wongering how to throw a knife hard enough to knock someone back but ill let that go for now. My fear is that the story is going to get too convoluted and complicated when all we, well I, really want to see is some cool fight scenes and more of the Widow character

The story is getting more and more convoluted, but there was a badass sword fight between the Quinn and the Widow that was worth the time spent watching the episode...

I've been watching it. Not the encore, though... My son asked how they were dancing on top of the awnings during one fight scene and I enlightened him. (ie: cables and harnesses that are digitized out during production) Some of those gravity-defying scenes are far from believable... :rolleyes:

Yea...watched it again via the DVR...found myself skipping to the fight scenes again.

A real letdown after watching TWD mid-season finale....and, oh joy...FTWD is coming back !! :rolleyes:

I've been watching it. Not the encore, though... My son asked how they were dancing on top of the awnings during one fight scene and I enlightened him. (ie: cables and harnesses that are digitized out during production) Some of those gravity-defying scenes are far from believable... :rolleyes:

Welcome to Hong Kong style cinema. There is always more emphasis on stylizing the fight scenes and making them larger than life rather than trying to ground the fights in reality...

Welcome to Hong Kong style cinema. There is always more emphasis on stylizing the fight scenes and making them larger than life rather than trying to ground the fights in reality...

Much like how hollyweird does with guns, right?

Third episode in, and I'm finding myself looking forward more to Badlands than TWD. This season of TWD has been a let down. And now there's yet another new super villain. *we need a yawning emoticon* :D Anywho, the fight between Quinn and the Widow was really good. I hope those two will square off again. Will that doctor lady (Sunny's girlfriend) be able to get rid of Quinn's brain tumor? Who knows. Wouldn't surprise me if she does. I didn't expect the prostitute to be a ninja. She definitely had the moves. :eek::D I wonder what the significance of the book will be? It looks like M.K. Ultra will be making an appearance next week. That's what I've been calling the M.K. character when he goes into the glowing eyes mode. :D

Back