• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ammo available in your area.

I hate to sound like I'm bragging but I'm totally surprised that I haven't had more trouble finding ammo. My local Canadian Tire is def light on ammo but other locations nearby have a variety of stock left and Cabelas is still well supplied. I haven't been to my fav LGS yet cuz it's a bit out the way and with COVID I'm trying to limit my trips out. I do expect though that I could find empty ammo shelves anytime now at any of my usual sources. The drought is coming of that I'm sure, it's just a matter of exhausting the stock that's already north of the 49th parallel. I'll keep picking up what I can until it dries up...just don't tell my wife. She already thinks I've got way too much...but if you're on this thread you already know that's NEVER true. LOL!

Last edited:
I hate to sound like I'm bragging but I'm totally surprised that I haven't had more trouble finding ammo. My local Canadian Tire is def light on ammo but other locations nearby have a variety of stock left and Cabelas is still well supplied as well. I haven't been to my fav LGS yet cuz it's a bit out the way and with COVID I'm trying to limit my trips out. I do expect though that I could find empty ammo shelves anytime now at any of my usual sources. The drought is coming of that I'm sure, it's just a matter of exhausting the stock that's already north of the 49th parallel. I'll keep picking up what I can until it dries up...just don't tell my wife. She already thinks I've got way too much...but if you're on this thread you already know that's NEVER true. LOL!
Definitely pick up what you can my friend! I will be doing the same. I still have some of my late fathers CIL ammo, and it works perfectly fine. Just gotta keep your powder dry!
I found this link. It is a week old, but it is an eye opener. Not sure if anyone else has posted it, but if so here it is again...
https://www.americanrifleman.org/ar...-great-ammo-shortage-of-2020-when-will-it-end

Definitely pick up what you can my friend! I will be doing the same. I still have some of my late fathers CIL ammo, and it works perfectly fine. Just gotta keep your powder dry!
I found this link. It is a week old, but it is an eye opener. Not sure if anyone else has posted it, but if so here it is again...
https://www.americanrifleman.org/ar...-great-ammo-shortage-of-2020-when-will-it-end
LOL...I have about 30 rounds of CIL 0 Buck SSG's that a friend of mine picked up from an estate sale last year...I also got a few boxes of old Winchester 30-30 too. From that sale, in all I got well over a hundred rounds of 12ga and 30-30 for about 10 bucks...gotta love that. Oh and Wyoming Knife for 5 bucks. :thumbsup:

LOL...I have about 30 rounds of CIL 0 Buck SSG's that a friend of mine picked up from an estate sale last year...I also got a few boxes of old Winchester 30-30 too. From that sale, in all I got well over a hundred rounds of 12ga and 30-30 for about 10 bucks...gotta love that. Oh and Wyoming Knife for 5 bucks. :thumbsup:
Sounds like a deal and a half! Those SSG's are great shells. Depending on what shotgun is used, they can really kick!

Son often makes the rounds of 3-4 local places. Jax, Cabelas, Murdocks, Sportsman's Warehouse...1 or 2 small LGS and he is finding in the last 2-3 weeks ammo is 'sorta' available and 'almost' at preCovid prices. He has found 223, 556, 38 Special, 9mm, 357mag..even 380 and 22lr. All $ about 1/2 of what they are online...Not tons and not all of the places but no real problem.

I have been seeing a little more as well, but it is pricey around here. Fortunately I had a good supply a year ago so I have not had a huge need.

I did acquire a need for .223/5.56 last spring, but at the time was able to snag ammo before it became non existent in the local stores.

At Walmart this week. No ammo, none. Not even shotgun bird shot, none.
At Dunham's. Some 20ga. Bird shot. Some big rifle ammo, 30 06, 30 30. No handgun. No 22 period.

Pretty much the same results at the Tulsa area Walmart`s.

Yesterday I was able to find a couple boxes of 9mm ball at Sports World Inc. in Tulsa...

Last edited:
At Walmart this week. No ammo, none. Not even shotgun bird shot, none.
At Dunham's. Some 20ga. Bird shot. Some big rifle ammo, 30 06, 30 30. No handgun. No 22 period.
Walmart doesn't sell handgun ammo anymore. September 2019
The Bentonville, Arkansas-based discounter said on Tuesday that it will stop selling short-barrel and handgun ammunition, including . ... 223 caliber and 5.56 caliber used in military style weapons, after it runs out of its current inventory.

Just left my lgs, damn they are picked over. I've never seen the ammo and gun racks so bare.

Just left my lgs, damn they are picked over. I've never seen the ammo and gun racks so bare.
I been around a long time. I'll tell you. Bad things are yet to come. Hoarding is not the answer. Hoarding only means some may have what they want today. But, Standing together today for what's right guarantees what we need today, tomorrow and forever. For us, our kids and our grandkids

Last edited:
Call me selfish, narrow minded, or just plain mean, but I put my grandkids future ahead of gender programs in Pakistan.

And that my friends is why I kept buying ammo when I could over the years.

Last edited:
Just reading that Vista Outdoors say they have over $1 Billion in ammo back orders now. Do not think we will see a let up in the ammo shortage this year. Probably much longer.
A few months ago I found a Mossberg 500 at the pawn shop. They also had 6 boxes of O0 buck. At the time I thought I was lucky to find the shotgun. Turns out finding the 6 boxes of buck was the real luck. Seen absolutely none since.

Last edited:
Back