• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Annoying news... and some good news

did pre-surgical screening yesterday. Confirmed with the insurance with procedure and diagnostic codes that it will be fully covered with no-deductible if it stays an outpatient surgery. Now the waiting for a week.

Good news - Worked my ass off this year and earned a 5K bonus. Plus I had issues with my back last september which put me in the emergency room. Insurance at the time denied my visit and forced me to pay $1,900.00 hospital bill. Finally got them to cover it so I'm waiting for my refund from the hospital now.

If surgery is successful I'll be sitting on the skeet field all of 2019 in the quest for the 25/25 or have fun trying to do it. Either way.... love shooting clays.

Final entry before the surgery Wednesday.

Had a 4 hour pistol class on speed shooting.

Clocked with draw and first fire at 0.95 seconds.

4 shots from draw clocked at 1.55 seconds with the first shot at 0.99 second.

Now to be a lame mule.

Raul

That's good.

20 years ago I was told that you should not buy a sidearm can't pass the 5-5s test.

You draw on signal from 5 yards to hit a target 5in x 5in w/ 5 shots in 5 seconds.
I can do that, but I don't remember what the time of first fire was. I may try that again on my next trip to range.

Final entry before the surgery Wednesday.

Had a 4 hour pistol class on speed shooting.

Clocked with draw and first fire at 0.95 seconds.

4 shots from draw clocked at 1.55 seconds with the first shot at 0.99 second.

Now to be a lame mule.

Raul
Oh you were surely on fire. I love speed games, had to go outside and give it a run. Its dark out so I ran from low ready with light. I'm byself so also trying run timer aarrgghh but the point was made clearly, brother you were quick.
Heres my 5 shot from,low ready, all hits on 8x11 at 5 yards, gimme a couple tenths credit have to stop,timer manual. My splits are lil slow low light also, either way and all my excuses to say Monkey be fast !Screenshot_2018-12-18-18-24-34.png
Have a fast,recovery from,surgery too

Oh you were surely on fire. I love speed games, had to go outside and give it a run. Its dark out so I ran from low ready with light. I'm byself so also trying run timer aarrgghh but the point was made clearly, brother you were quick.
Heres my 5 shot from,low ready, all hits on 8x11 at 5 yards, gimme a couple tenths credit have to stop,timer manual. My splits are lil slow low light also, either way and all my excuses to say Monkey be fast !View attachment 19623
Have a fast,recovery from,surgery too

It was a really good class on maximizing speed and efficiency. Ran the class with my shield 9mm to see what a ccw gun can do under some stress.

Ran out of ammo (8 round mags) during the speed draws which was why I was shooting 4 round groups.

I was clocked with splits of 0.18 - 0.20 during the speed draws.

So a 5 shot group would most likely be around 1.80 seconds.

First time I was clocked sub 1 second and there were several in the class breaking it due to the drills we did that day.

Fun times. Ok now to see the butcher.

Raul

Last edited:
Be well and prayers for,positive outcome.
And yes sir those are uber super fast times good work. You motivated me,to break out timer,havent been doing that in long while thank you

Back