• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Another quick question..

Bpr-1

Is this wear or damage i might say normal?
I took my 715 apart this morning to clean it.and noticed this when i was cleaning.not sure what this piece is called to search it..its the grey steel piece with the corners missing..but is it suppose to look like this?
If its not,how do i prevent it from getting worse?

F9645AAC-4B0C-447A-A4B7-9B83A1C20CC1-4327-000001E6251C1404.jpg

That's how mine looks and it functions properly. You know how a lot of people say that you have to fire a few hundred rounds through your gun to "break it in"? I think all the moving metal parts or parts that come in contact with other metal parts will tend to smooth out in some places and get rid of burs from the machining process without affecting the gun's performance.
I could be wrong and maybe both of our guns are effed though! :)

~DarthJim

If its normal,im not worried...if its not so normal,im slightly worried.lol
But if all or most of them are like that,then im not worried.

Dang do you even shoot yours?

mine looks like this, baahaahaa :lol:
Mossberg715TFeedramp_zps5ec9e0d9.jpg

Thats 200 rounds without cleaning it. I ran 100 rounds threw it yesterday and another 100 threw it today. :mrgreen:

This is what mine looks like cleaned up

Mossberg715Tfeedrampback_zps84c1857e.jpg

And this is the feedramp, i polished mine it helps keep the rounds feeding smooth and its so quick and easy to clean. While you have yours apart you should think about polishing yours also.

Mossberg715Tfeedrampfront_zps837642c3.jpg

It's funny to see such a difference among them. I need to take mine apart soon. Since I bought it used a lil while ago it has not been feild stripped yet. And I have only ran about 100 through it. No hiccups then either....

Haha! Yes i do shoot mine.actualy that day before cleaning it i put 150 rounds through it.
I was just curious on the inner corners of it missing. If you look at bowers and look at mine,you can see the difference in the inner corners.
Bowers looks like brand spankin new (other than the polishing) and mine looks like its broken due to the inner corners looking like theyre broke or chipped off. Thats my concern.....if i should be concerned.

And bower,what did you use to polish yours? Just like a mothers wheel polish or somethin along those lines of polish? It looks nice. Lol

It could be better but its at a weird angle so its a little more tricky then some other guns.

I used a pencil eraser and wet dry sand paper. 800-1000-1500 then 2000. They i used a dremel with a pointed polish pad and the compound that came with it.

Ive been able to do some and they look like a mirror. This one works fine so it doesnt need to be mirror. The mag sits so high in the well that i dont even think the nose of the bullet even rides the feedramp.

When looking at mine i dont have those little dents in the corners and im wondering how yours got like that. That part buts up against the end of the barrel so how its getting dinged up i dont understand it.

Unless its the rim of the shell dragging on it as the extractor pulls it out of the chamger or something?

Im not sure either..thats why im coming to you guys. Pick some brains for alil bit.. :D LOL
Hopefully somebody here has had that happen and has a fix fir it as well.

Back