• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone have experience with 500 Talo Home Defense model or new 590 SP with 6 shot magazine tube?

DTL

I'm looking at adding a 500 to my stable. Namely a 500 Talo Home Defense model # 51236. This model is a standard 500 Purseuder with a matte blue finish. Wondering if anyone has one and if they can chime in. I'm also comparing this model to the new SP 590 # 50778 which is a 590 with the six shot magazine tube. I'm wondering if the 500 would still be lighter than the 590 even though the 590 does NOT have the heavy walled barrel like the a1 version. I already have an a1 and I'm looking for a bit lighter HD gun.

I can't find the 500 Talo Home Defense for reference that you mentioned - but I'm very happy with my basic "590 Tac" model 50778 - I am opposite of you, I have a M500, added this one as a bare bones compact and light weapon, and may add an A1 down the line

Back