• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone using Redfield scopes?

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I recently ordered a 3-9 battlezone redfield scope.

It has interchangeable adjustment cams for 223 and 308.

I know they have a lifetime warranty and Leupold bought them several years back.

Just looking for any experience with them.

I don't have any experience with the Battlezone, but my experience with Redfield is good - clear, holds zero, good eye relief... I have a Revolution 4-12X40 with an Accu-Range reticle mounted to my Remington 700, .30-06 with Leupold base and rings. Good luck with yours.

It arrived today.

Wasn't made in Oregon though. I was a bit disappointed to see Phillipines laser engraved on the bottom of it.

Otherwise, it seems really nice.

I got the scope, receiver cover/scope rail, some ammo, and mags today and used an old 1 piece mount for the time being.

Still waiting on the gun to put it on, though it'll probably be another 10 days or so before it gets here. The license is somewhere between here and Mount Ranier.

Linejudgemick, it does have really good eye relief and clear glass though. I can read the writing on some power transformers well over 100 yards away.

scope and mags for Olympic Arms 308 002.JPG

scope and mags for Olympic Arms 308 006.JPG

John A, interested in your feedback on this optic. I have a 6-18 Revenge on an Accu-Range varmint reticle, nice and clear glass and good eye relief, but am wondering about the battlezone (along with several other optics) to put on a Mossberg MVP 7.62.

So far, I like the sight picture through the scope. All the way to the edge of the glass.

I don't mind letting you know what I think about it after zero'ing and putting some rounds downrange, but as I mentioned, may be a little while before I get the gun in hand.

Anything specific that you're wanting me to check?

Oh yeah! Check your inbox.

I'm interested in the functionality of the BDC dials, and also how well the scope functions without a side focus. I know that with redfield, you have to go to max zoom to account for some of the parallax, as they only have their 6-18 which has an adjustable objective. Also, since it's a fairly standard MOA reticle, how does it work? Fairly repeatable?

My other option is a Vortex HS LR with XLR reticle - not even comparable as scope features, but also not comparable at prices. If the Battlezone is effective, might be a good starter optic.

The battlezone reticle is supposedly 2 moa hash marks. I haven't verified, but that's what the specs say.

I can't comment about repeatability yet, but once I get it zeroed, and align the wheel accordingly, I'll try to remember to check.

focus is the rear ring as indicated by the + -

scope and mags for Olympic Arms 308 003.JPG

Back