• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AR/M4 Grips

KittyRifle.jpg

dewalt-ar.jpg

To each their own.

Re: M4 A3 patrol spotted at Walmarts

Walmart used to have a huge catalog behind the gun counter that contained everything they could order, which was a LOT more then they stocked. If you don't see it on the rack it might be worth checking to see what they have and pricing.

I haven't seen the kalishnakitty california gun, or the Cavalry Arms yellow stocks in a while.

Talk about a walk down memory lane. I can remember the Barney purple stocks Cav arms had for a while too.

Re: S&W M&P Sport 15 on the way!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Congrats Kodiak!

I hope the time flies by quickly for you. When I'm breaking in a new carbine or just want to shoot a LOT, I shoot the 55gr Federal bulk packs from Wally World. It's about $40 for 100rds. For better accuracy/consistency with a 1/8" twist, try Federal XM855 62gr FMJ. It's a bit harder to find, but can be had for around $6.50 per box of 20. You're gonna love those PMags, that's all I use anymore...

Kodiak...and all,

Midway has the Federal XM855 62grn FMJ at a 'Sale' price right now.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/95...o-62-grain-xm855-penetrator-full-metal-jacket

Re: S&W M&P Sport 15 on the way!

Kodiak! Thats awesome! I'm excited for you as I am anticipating the time I'll be able to order my very first ever AR!

Congrats man!

Thats some tripped out stuff! Crazy lookin!

:lol: John, I'm just not big on color! Blue jeans, black tees, khaki pants... I like to keep things simple and easy on the eyes! ;)

OH! I've seen a moonbow too! I admit those are cool!

John A. said:
Rossignol said:
Natural colors of the rainbow work just fine, like black, grey, white, browns and tans... oh and greens as long as theyre foliage or OD.

Boy, what have you been smoking?

I ain't never seen a rainbow that looked like that.

LOL

But I have seen a rainbow at night before. I think those are called moonbows though.

is that when there's a ring around the moon in the color of a rainbow? if so..ive seen that plenty of times...

Rossignol said:
:lol: John, I'm just not big on color! Blue jeans, black tees, khaki pants... I like to keep things simple and easy on the eyes! ;)

OH! I've seen a moonbow too! I admit those are cool!

Ohhh. I understand now. The colors of the rainbow of your wardrobe.

Those are most of my choices too. I like grey and black and tan and green's too. Earthen colors.

But it sure don't help me look any better.

I don't know anything that'll do that.

Except maybe to close your eyes and try to forget :lol: :lol: :lol:

And even that ain't gaurantee'd to work :mrgreen:

:shock: How did we get here? And why does digi purple look almost acceptable?

This is turning into a Skittles commercial. ;)

Hey Brad , I got my FIL a MIAD for Christmas . It works good and is adjustable. I shot about 100 rounds through his S&W with it installed and it feels mo better than stock.....just black though.....not "call of duty cool" but functional .

Rossignol said:

because it looks like it's well done paint wise...

here's where im goin with my AR build...starting it today actually

robsAR.jpg

Tactical Machining 80% lower reciever (finish milling myself, thank you california)
adams arms 16" piston upper with melonited 1:7 barrel
vltor modstock
not sure which grip...i saw a pic of one i really liked, it was black with FDE inserts on the side but dunno who makes it
magpul pmags
flip up iron sights

future upgrades as $$ allows
vltor casv foreend
vltor mur upper receiver
some grip of front, dont know if i like the argo style or just a vertical handle
light
optic of some sort, dont really know what i like yet in this department

Rossignol said:

Sorry, couldn't resist - especially in lieu of the PINK grips.

Actually the digi-purple might have a place - maybe night ops? Or if u were in stealth mode in a tulip patch? ;)

+ 1 for the Ergo grips. I usually have Ergos or Magpuls on my AR's. But it really comes down to what is most comfortable for YOU, and whatever color you want your furniture in.

TangoDown, Troy, and a few others have incorporated 'duck bills' and trigger guards into their grips (take a look at what Mossy is using on their AR's - STARK SE), to address the gap that can sometimes create blisters.

Ergo used to ship with the Gapper, to fill in that gap, but not sure if they still do. One of the sights I was looking at recently, Ergo started selling their grips WITHOUT the plug - that is sold extra? WTF?? But that may have only been on that sight.

Re: Assembled/Complete AR's

MikeD said:
SHOOTER13 said:
Looks good MikeD !! How's she shoot...?!
It shoots better than I do. This is my first AR and I have a hard time finding that front sight post.

And with the elevated sights changing distances up close is a challenge. Not the fault of the gun, just my lack of training and experience with the platform.

Playing around at the local range I was shooting bowling pins with the 22lr conversion and it was dead on

I had to change the post on my wife's AR, she had a problem focusing on her's, too.

I ended up putting in one with a fiber optic on her's, for contrast.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/br/brownells.aspx?page_name=ar-15-front-sight-post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back