• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AR/M4 Grips

Oli, Thanks! That MIAD may be in the running down the road!

Tulip Ops... DigiPurple. Noted and thnx! ;)

Mister_E, I think i saw somewhere ERGO is selling the grip with out the plug (hollowed) as an alternative to the standard grips. Cant remember, I'll look!

Rossignol said:
Oli, Thanks! That MIAD may be in the running down the road!

Tulip Ops... DigiPurple. Noted and thnx! ;)

Mister_E, I think i saw somewhere ERGO is selling the grip with out the plug (hollowed) as an alternative to the standard grips. Cant remember, I'll look!

I checked the ERGO site, and they still list the grips WITH the Gapper, and With or Without the BUTT (grip) PLUG :lol:

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detai...e=ergogrip.gif&CFID=11711762&CFTOKEN=45417361

The sight that had them WITHOUT the plug is one that I've done quite a bit of biz with in the past, maybe they are running into hard times?

http://www.pkfirearms.com/Pistol_Grips/13/c

Another link for some of the other grips I mentioned:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Pistol-Grips-s/51.htm

My girlfriend would love the digi purple!!

Re: Assembled/Complete AR's

Rossignol,

If you haven't already ordered one, here is another site that I have personal experience with.

DSA arms
http://www.dsarms.com/AR15-Lowers--Uppers/products/59/1/0

If you look on that link, they sell a COMPLETE lower receiver with collapsible MIL-SPEC stock assembly for $200.

On the same page (at the top), they sell a 16" flat-top mid-length complete upper assembly for $265.

I should preface that upper by stating that it is complete, EXCEPT it does not include the charging handle or a bolt carrier group.

Going to Palmetto State Armory, you can get their Premium BCG PLUS a charging handle for $99.95 plus $10 for the charging handle.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-upper-parts.php

Now, doing the math...that comes in for under $600 at $575. Keep in mind that is WITHOUT transfer fees to your FFL. AND...you still have to buy your sights.

DSA is a reputable company that has been around for a quite a while now. I have at least 3 of their upper receiver assemblies, and all have been 100% reliable, well put together, and fit my lower receivers nice and snug. Some might know them better for their full line of FAL rifles and carbines, I also have a few of those ;)

Anyway, just thought I'd throw you a bone on another option for your AR needs ;)

I showed that digi purple to my 5 year old! (Her favorite color along with anything pink) She wants it!!!

Mister_E, Thanks!!! I'll take a look, but I'm think I'm really settled on the OA.

Still, I can def see another at some point cuz my oldest daughter is either gonna steal the first one in which case I'll need another, or she'll want her own in which case... I'll need another! :D

Rossignol said:
Mister_E, Thanks!!! I'll take a look, but I'm think I'm really settled on the OA.

Still, I can def see another at some point cuz my oldest daughter is either gonna steal the first one in which case I'll need another, or she'll want her own in which case... I'll need another! :D

You are welcome, Sir. And congrats on your choice.

I can only say that my limited experience with Oly Arms has been uneventful. They all went BANG when they were supposed to, and fit and finish were on par with most other brands out there. For that price, that is a good buy.

Depending on what forum you go to on the 'interwebz' here, I'm sure you will hear all kinds of opinions on the choice. But like we learned when we were kids, 'Sticks and Stones....' :lol:

One of my shooting buddies has an OA with over 11K rounds down the pipe. I keep hinting to him that it's about time to change the barrel out, but he continues to hit the 'broad side of the barn' that he is aiming at, so why fix it if it ain't broke ;)

On a serious note... :lol:

this is something I plan to do with one of mine, soon.
AR15%20Wood%20024.JPG

http://www.precisionfirearms.com/19.html

I just can't decide which one to do it to, yet :lol:

Cerberus in their almight wisdom shut the windham maine Bushmaster plant down.

Just like they did to those other 500 or so other people who worked for New England Firearms (NEF) and Marlin plants.

They also sh!t-canned Advanced Armament Corp's founder and CEO a few days before Christmas this year.

I've seen a few other ARs tricked out with wood furniture. Still not sure how I feel about the look myself, but to each their own...

Years ago, DPMS used to sell a walnut version.

I always thought that version looked kinda nice.

I've only seen one AR with wood hardware. I think it would be a cool setup. The weight of the wood really helps negate what little recoil you have with an AR.

I agree, it's not for everyone. I saw one done a few years ago on a 20" rifle, was very well done. The forearm covered up most of the gas block, with a slot cut in the top for a fold down front sight. The thing that really caught my eye about it is that it immediately took away the 'TACTICAL' monicker, that so many out there peg on any 'black rifle'.

I had to laugh as the 'outdoorsman' Dad next to me was telling his wife and kids how only 'hoodlums', mall-ninjas, and survivalist freaks would ever own one of those 'evil black rifles'. But then he picked up the AR with the wood furniture and explained how it was a 'hunting' rifle, for TRUE sportsmen.:roll: :lol:

Like the man said..."you can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig". Not calling any AR a pig, if I did, I'd have to admit to having a pigsty full of them. But, for that guy, putting wood furniture on an AR somehow transformed it into a sportsmen's hunting rifle. But hey...to each his own.

Rock River used to sell wood furniture for AR's, too. Not sure if they still do or not. But I know that I've been wanting to do that for a long time now. Now I just have to add it to the 'honey can I get'-list for this year ;)

I know what youre sayin...

There are a few reasons I'm goin with the OlyA first. The support staff and CS, lifetime warrant, and Oli says its another fine PNW product!

11 thousand is impressive to me! :D

Re: M4 A3 patrol spotted at Walmarts

I saw one tonight! It was at a WalMart I dont often go to!!!

Its the Bushmaster M4A3 and was $800 and change, I wanna say like $837 or 47...

I also found the rifle online on WalMarts site;
Bushmaster M4A3 Patrol at WalMart

Its the same M4A3 listed on Bushmaster's site, or at least this is what I have found from reviews;

Bushmaster M4A3 Patrolman's Rifle
MCWA2F%2014M4.jpg

While both on WalMarts site and in the store, the tag reads "223", the reviews also say that the receiver is stamped with the 5.56 and .223.

Additionally I had read reviews saying there was speculation that the rifle was made for WalMart to their specs and not to Bushmasters which just isnt true, that it is indeed the same American made rifle, made by Americans and to Bushmasters specs but being sold at a typical cost that is around $300 less that MSRP on Bushmaster's site!

Re: M4 A3 patrol spotted at Walmarts

Rossignol said:
I saw one tonight! It was at a WalMart I dont often go to!!!

Its the Bushmaster M4A3 and was $800 and change, I wanna say like $837 or 47...

I also found the rifle online on WalMarts site;
Bushmaster M4A3 Patrol at WalMart

Its the same M4A3 listed on Bushmaster's site, or at least this is what I have found from reviews;

Bushmaster M4A3 Patrolman's Rifle
MCWA2F%2014M4.jpg

While both on WalMarts site and in the store, the tag reads "223", the reviews also say that the receiver is stamped with the 5.56 and .223.

Additionally I had read reviews saying there was speculation that the rifle was made for WalMart to their specs and not to Bushmasters which just isnt true, that it is indeed the same American made rifle, made by Americans and to Bushmasters specs but being sold at a typical cost that is around $300 less that MSRP on Bushmaster's site!

Yup I had found tha out already. My walmarts here has it marked down to 897. If they would mark it down about 2-300 more dollars I would bite.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Think I saw it on Davidson's awhile back for about 830. Still more than I want to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back