• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Assembled my 500 in under a minute.

Was having some fun testing my speed in assembling the mossberg 500. What do you think? :geek:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZyBpj5KUDY[/youtube]

It's possible... Idid see some hesitation 2xs but it was breif....
If you can get to 35-40 seconds I'll give ya a MO decal..
:)

ripjack13 said:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

I have to ask though, since racking it takes time, when is the assembly considered finished? after i get the barrel on? or rack it once and fire it to show it's functional?

I'm liking this challenge... I just did 50sec for my 590, but of course... video is the only proof! :D I'll be back....

EDIT:
Don't take my word for it... I could be full of

ultra.stache said:
ripjack13 said:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
rack it once and fire it to show it's functional?

This should be acceptable. On the forward racking motion when it is extended fully time stops.
Time must fall no more than 40 second mark.

Ok...enough rules....let's get it on!!!

Holy Freaking Cow! I'm afraid to take mine apart for fear I wouldn't be able to get it back together again no matter how much time you gave me. Nicely done!

ripjack13 said:
ultra.stache said:
ripjack13 said:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
rack it once and fire it to show it's functional?

This should be acceptable. On the forward racking motion when it is extended fully time stops.
Time must fall no more than 40 second mark.

Ok...enough rules....let's get it on!!!

Racked forwards after ejecting the shell or racked forward, shot and no ejection??
I am contemplating seeing what I can do blind folded........ ;)

No ammo should be in the vicinity of workspace.

Rick....
Down and back into the ready position. Replicating a motion of loading one shell.

ripjack13 said:
No ammo should be in the vicinity of workspace.

Rick....
Down and back into the ready position. Replicating a motion of loading one shell.

Okay so Live Fire is a NO GO... Simply Simulate the action as if you were going to fire. That is no problem at all. I am going to have to practice lol

^^^^ what he said.. :D

thats really getting to know your mossy. :D

I couldn't do it under a minute but I bet I could do it. I am really good with hands on stuff and I also have field stripped my mossy plenty of times to remember how everything goes, looks, feels and what not. The only trick is that little shell stopper thing on the right side... it always falls out before I can get the trigger assembly in lol

Itsricmo said:
I couldn't do it under a minute but I bet I could do it. I am really good with hands on stuff and I also have field stripped my mossy plenty of times to remember how everything goes, looks, feels and what not. The only trick is that little shell stopper thing on the right side... it always falls out before I can get the trigger assembly in lol

,,,,put a little oil on your finger and wipe it on the back of cartridge stop,this will hold it against the receiver for you. ;)

old mossy said:
Itsricmo said:

,,,,put a little oil on your finger and wipe it on the back of cartridge stop,this will hold it against the receiver for you. ;)

Hmm... maybe I will try this. I try not to have too much oil on my parts. The pump is a really hard thing to screw up and not have parts working properly lol... I literally take one of those bore cloths and dampen it with oil, wipe down everything, let it set for a little, wipe it off with one of those neat Remington yellow towels, no left over oil. But this may be worth it.

I end up rocking it forward and the Trigger Assembly won't set properly. I have some serious operator error with that one little part haha Other then that, I can tear down my 500 with absolutely no issues. A shotgun that sucks is the Benelli Nova Tactical... their bolt carrier group is weird as crap. You have to depress the bolt face into the carrier, rock the front of it up first and then pull it up through the receiver. Talk about awkward.

Back