• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI Akita Adjustable Stock For Mossberg 500 Review

Crazy you mention the Hogue as a coworker today recommended either the Magpul or Hogue when I mentioned this Akita.

Based on your experience how do you compare the Hogue Overmolded 12" vs. the Akita?

I also spoke to a rep from Magpul today and she claimed they do not make a matching forend for the Model 500.

Just wondering if anyone here has any thoughts about the Akita forend. And any updates on the stock itself and its long-term durability?

I have to admit I will be getting a Magpul Setup in the future to try out but that is mostly because I love all their AR products. If you don't need an adjustable stock the Hogue is an awesome stock. If you need an adjustable stock then the ATI is the way to go. I haven't had a single issue with my ATi akita stock since I first installed it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but in all my searching I could not find a comparison of the Akita vs. Magpul SGA (with stock buttpad or with Limbsaver Airtech) in terms of felt recoil. I recently changed from the Akita to the SGA (with stock buttpad) and was very sore and had significant bruise on my pectoral muscle the next day after shooting 60 slugs. With the Akita this had not occurred in the past and in fact the Scorpion recoil pad was one the best I had ever used. I used the same tactical stance and push-pull technique that I have used in the past. I wanted to get others opinions on this especially since the SGA pad seemed like it should reduce felt recoil.

Also does anyone have experience using the Limbsaver Airtech pad mounted to the SGA using the adapter? I have this on order and will do a head-to-head comparison between the SGA pad and possibly the ATI Scorpion pad from the Akita if I can figure out a way to mount it temporarily to the SGA adapter plate.

Last edited:
Back