• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI Mossberg 930 Raven Stock

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
p733100935-4.jpg

p1005792989-4.jpg

p921550932-4.jpg

p826429900-4.jpg

p550792915-4.jpg

p808446318-4.jpg

p893834253-4.jpg

p712966313-4.jpg

p781141373-4.jpg

p940133122-4.jpg

p614843975-4.jpg

p865120894-4.jpg

p1068784447-4.jpg

http://www.atigunstocks.com/mossberg-930-raven-stock

Six Position Adjustable ATI Mossberg 930 Raven Shotgun Stock with Scorpion Recoil System and infinitely adjustable cheekrest.

Description

• Adjustable Tension Mechanism to Increase or Decrease the Drag of the Stock along the Buffer Tube
  • Precision CNC Machined Receiver Mount with Pivoting Sling Loop
    • Installs on Left or Right Side of Receiver
    • Pivots to Sit Flush to the Receiver When Not in Use
  • Scorpion Recoil Grip
    • Extended Scorpion Material to Reduce Recoil and Discomfort to the Shooters Hand and Thumb
    • Sure-Grip Texture
    • Eliminates the Felt Punch of the Recoil
  • Scorpion Razorback Recoil Pad
    • Recoil Impact is Absorbed
    • Shooting and Load Size can be Done with No Pain being Transferred to the Shooter
    • Reduces the Challenge of Reacquiring the Target by Minimizing the Muzzle Lift
    • Not Affected by Chemicals
    • Remains Flexible in Extreme Temperatures
    • Eliminates the Felt Punch of the Recoil
    • Removes Limitations from Spring and Piston Type Recoil Suppression Systems
    • Non-Slip, Removable
  • New Adjustable Soft Touch Polymer Cheekrest
    • Elongated Cheekrest Design to Provide the Perfect Fit for Every User
    • Ergonomic Rear Dial for Quick and Easy Cheekrest Adjustments
    • Cheekrest Adjusts in .01” Increments to Provide the Perfect Height for any User
    • Maintains Same Cheekrest Height of OEM Stock in the Fully Collapsed Position
    • Internal Cheekrest Components Constructed of Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum
  • Manufactured in the USA
  • Limited Lifetime Warranty
Fits: Mossberg® 930 Shotguns

Dan's product shots are hard to beat, and as you can see in the photos above @ATIgunstocksUSA really goes above and beyond when it comes to packaging and presentation of their products. Everything I've ordered from them, even a simple mag-socket wrench, is packaged and shipped with the care one usually sees with expensive and delicate electronics.

I had a chance to put together some pics of my own for a review of the ATI 930 Raven stock. The stock ships assembled, so before install you must remove the plastic cap screws that hold the assembly together...

Once the plastic screws are removed, the buffer tube and LOP adjustment lever can be separated from the stock and it is ready for install...

ATI's included directions are very simple and easy to follow. Here are a few pics of the installation beginning after the removal of the factory stock...

Slide the Scorpion Recoil Grip over the spring housing and mate it up flush with the receiver...

Next, slide the buffer tube over the spring housing and mate it up flush with the inside of the pistol grip...

The included buffer tube end cap slides into the buffer tube and threads onto the factory spring housing. Apply the provided Loctite thread locker to the interior threads before threading it on. Make sure to hold the buffer tube and pistol grip flush with the receiver as the end cap is tightened. The end cap has a 1" hex head and ATI recommends using an adjustable/spanner wrench to tighten. A 1" socket would also work, but I found another tool on my workbench that was perfect for the job. It just so happens that ATI's 12 gauge mag-socket wrench is a perfect fit...

Next, slide the stock body onto the buffer tube...

Then, insert the LOP adjustment lever into the stock body making sure to align the locking pin with one of the six adjustment holes in the buffer tube. Once the lever is properly aligned, secure the two LOP lever screws using a 3/32" Allen wrench...

...and that's it...

Installation is very simple and only takes 10 minutes or so. It actually took me five times as long to type this and post up the pics than it did to install the stock... :D

Here are some comparison shots of the ATI 930 Raven stock next to the factory 930 stock...

My factory 930 stock measures a 14.5" LOP compared to the ATI 930 Raven which measures 14.0" when fully collapsed...

The ATI 930 Raven extends to a full 17.5"...

The adjustment range is a definite benefit for accommodating multiple users of the same shotgun, but where the ATI 930 Raven really shines is in the comb height adjustment. The cheekrest has a wide range of adjustment to fit any shooter's natural line of sight as well as allowing for a raised line of sight for use with optics. Just a few clicks and the cheekrest was perfectly positioned for use with my MRDS...

The ATI 930 Raven stock certainly is a well built, incredibly functional, and great looking addition for anyone looking to switch from their factory 930 stock...

The Scorpion Recoil System really does an amazing job mitigating recoil. I've used other pistol gripped stocks with active, mechanical recoil management systems and the ATI 930 Raven has them beat hands down. I have always been huge fan of LimbSavers. This was my first experience with the Scorpion Recoil Pad and I must say that it's as soft shooting and reduces every bit as much recoil as any LimbSaver I've ever used. Here's a short video from the range this morning showing the ATI 930 Raven stock in use during a quick 7 round mag dump. This was using Winchester PDX1 Defender ( S12PDX1) buck "n ball rounds at 1600 fps. These rounds pack a pretty good thump, but watch as the muzzle stays nice and level on target. Oh, and hopefully the video can ease some concerns about pistol gripped stocks interfering with operation of the Mossberg tang safety...

...sorry for the crappy video resolution. Only had my phone with me on the range...

Excellent review for an awesome stock! Thanks for sharing LES.

Here are some comparison shots of the ATI 930 Raven stock next to the factory 930 stock...

My factory 930 stock measures a 14.5" LOP compared to the ATI 930 Raven which measures 14.0" when fully collapsed...

The ATI 930 Raven extends to a full 17.5"...

The adjustment range is a definite benefit for accommodating multiple users of the same shotgun, but where the ATI 930 Raven really shines is in the comb height adjustment. The cheekrest has a wide range of adjustment to fit any shooter's natural line of sight as well as allowing for a raised line of sight for use with optics. Just a few clicks and the cheekrest was perfectly positioned for use with my MRDS...

The ATI 930 Raven stock certainly is a well built, incredibly functional, and great looking addition for anyone looking to switch from their factory 930 stock...

I'm glad you posted this. Mine is due in today, and I'm really not proficient at making changes to much more than grips. This was really well done...now even I can do this! Even think I have the right wrenches. COOL!

Glad it helped.

All I really did was follow the directions and take photos along the way. ATI's included instruction booklet is very well laid out and easy to follow. If you can change a grip, you can install this stock. Be sure to post up some pics and add your review here in this thread when you're done. It'll be good to get some other points of view...

Got 'er done, you were right. These are phone pics but love this stock. My cheekrest doesn't seem to have more than 6 'clicks' on the wheel to adjust. Wonder if I've over tightened or failed to install something properly? Ideas welcome, I'm new at builds. Still have to clean up that wiring once I'm sure light trigger is correct930.jpg930.2.jpg

Nicely done, looks great.

The comb height adjustment wheel was VERY stiff on mine. Look at steps 12-18 on pages 5-7 in the instruction manual. This will show you how to adjust the tension on the wheel...

I sure wish I could find one of these jewels, they are out of production. If anyone hears of one for sale be sure and let me know!

Back