• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI Talon 5-sided Aluminum Forend

AdWo2187

.22LR
Hey guys,

I have seen a few threads about people installing the ATI Talon 5-sided Aluminum Forend but I have not found any really good reviews on it. Does anyone, especially people with it installed, have or know of any feedback on it? I don't want to waste $70 if I don't have to. I'm torn between this one and the ATI Tactical one, but the tactical one doesn't seem, substantial?, enough for me. Those three little rails don't seem like they would do much, and I like that I could add a strap to the aluminum one. I pretty much want the most versatile product I can get while still feeling good and reliable in hand. So any reviews or opinions on better forends would be very much appreciated!

http://www.atigunstocks.com/shotgun...picatinny-rails/talon-5-sided-aluminum-forend

http://www.atigunstocks.com/shotgun...s-and-picatinny-rails/tactical-shotgun-forend

Last edited:
The regular ATI one? The link you provided to a review doesn't work anymore unfortunately. Is the regular one grippy enough? And it just seems to weak if you're going to add a pistol grip pump to the front rail, although I don't have any firsthand experience.

I'll probably go with the standard one if that's what you recommend @DHonovich. I've been blown away so far by your in-depth reviews and photos. I can save the extra money and buy a flashlight for the forend. Sounds like I have another item to look up. Thanks

If you broke the plastic version with use then I am sure ATI would gladly exchange out for an aluminum if you paid the difference. The aluminum is definitely strong but I have had such great luck with their plastic version I prefer it. I am glad to hear they help and put that money towards a good flashlight as its going to take abuse being mounted on a shotgun.

If you broke the plastic version with use then I am sure ATI would gladly exchange out for an aluminum if you paid the difference. The aluminum is definitely strong but I have had such great luck with their plastic version I prefer it. I am glad to hear they help and put that money towards a good flashlight as its going to take abuse being mounted on a shotgun.
If I break the plastic version than I am most likely not using it right haha. This will be a hobby/home defense shotgun. Recreational clay bird shooting as well. No excessive use and abuse. If I wanted to get in to some crazy competition shooting and whatnot I'd probably spring for a 590A1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back