• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATTN: Cartridge Stopper QC Issue for Pump Actions (FTF)

John A. said:
Old Mossy, I received a reply to my email today.

Thank you for your e-mail. Sir I will send you a replacement but please forward me your serial number so I can send it out. thank you.

Quite a change from my last experience with their customer service.

I received the same email on Monday. I'm not really in the mood to give out my personal info like that. Im just gonna purchase one from midwayUSA

John A. said:

Thank you for your e-mail. Sir I will send you a replacement but please forward me your serial number so I can send it out. thank you.

i just spotted this now.
glad to hear GOOD news about mosserg's cs.
Dan's contact Joe at mossberg is doing the right thing for us here at MO.

Attachments

• online-customer-service.jpg
    online-customer-service.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 612
Can someone check out my video on my recent post I made. I'm having the same problem but I don't think it's my cartridge stop. Thanks in advance.

I personally don't see a problem with providing Mossberg a serial number to obtain warranty repair/parts. I am sure it is only for the accounting of warranty claims and not to use to knock at your door.Ron

LostBookOfEnki said:
John A. said:

I received the same email on Monday. I'm not really in the mood to give out my personal info like that. Im just gonna purchase one from midwayUSA

Hello
I am no expert as I jsut got my first Mossberg and had the same concerns. What confused me was when they said "behind and in front of". From what I saw of your video, it is operating correctly. Teh action bar is doign what it is designed to do, ride over the cartridge stop "nub" and push it towards the receiver side. When it is NOT working correctly, the rail will go behind the nub and push the cartridge stop away from the reciver causing a jam.
See my posts with the arrow pointers. As far as the magazine sping, maybe there is a slight burr catchign somethign. I believe I would remove the spring, tube (if you can) and inspect everything for smoothness. If you find nothing, try the factory spring again. If tht works, then it is the spring. Ron

LostBookOfEnki said:
Can someone check out my video on my recent post I made. I'm having the same problem but I don't think it's my cartridge stop. Thanks in advance.

old mossy said:
Dan's contact Joe at mossberg is doing the right thing for us here at MO.

Actually, this wasn't an email from or to Joe. I sent it directly to the Mossberg customer email.

I don't suppose it would hurt him to post his name, but the reply was from Santa H.

Hopefully, he will follow through with the parts now that I gave him the info he requested.

LostBookOfEnki said:

Obtaining warranty or service work from a manufacturer is pretty standard to provide them with the serial number for their records.

If you take your car to a dealer for warranty work, they will log the vin number too.

I understand what you're saying about doing it online for privacy reasons from the NSA/Govt, but who is to say that you didn't sell the gun between now and whenever it mattered whether they had the serial number or not.

I was just forced to write an email to Mossberg.

Mr. Hernendez,

I wanted to thank you for your exceptional and prompt customer service. That is exactly opposite from my one and only other experience with Mossberg (corp)

I received the replacement parts this morning and after 2 minutes swapping them out, I now have a gun that works correctly the way that it should.

Again, I just wanted to thank you and to let you know that I appreciate both you, and Mossberg for standing behind their products.

John

As you may have guessed, the parts were in todays mail. And it is now feeding correctly and picking up shells out of the mag tube like it should.

I did not mention Mossberg owners forum nor did I try to use any leverage or pull any favors. My email to them was a cold call.

I am glad to see that their customer service department is finally starting to turn things around to the good.

memcarddump9122013175_zps12d55ccd.jpg

memcarddump9122013176_zps8f094992.jpg

,,,,nice John.i'm glad you're back up and running. :D

don't worry there are members here that work for Mossberg. :)

Did you get it figured out? Did you see my post? Ron

LostBookOfEnki said:

Tanker said:

LostBookOfEnki said:

Nope. I just received a new cartridge stop this morning from Mossberg and the problem persist. Man this sucks. I noticed the shells don't always get pushed out enough. Sometimes the shell doesn't touch the cartridge stop and stays slightly stuck inside the magazine until I give it a little push; and then it comes out far enough. Could it be the spring or magazine not being screws on all the way?

LostBookOfEnki said:
Tanker said:

LostBookOfEnki said:

Nope. I just received a new cartridge stop this morning from Mossberg and the problem persist. Man this sucks. I noticed the shells don't always get pushed out enough. Sometimes the shell doesn't touch the cartridge stop and stays slightly stuck inside the magazine until I give it a little push; and then it comes out far enough. Could it be the spring or magazine not being screws on all the way?

Check your follower and the inside of you magtube, there could possibly be some buildup or a machining burr that the shells/follower are haning up on.

aksavanaman said:
Check your follower and the inside of you magtube, there could possibly be some buildup or a machining burr that the shells/follower are haning up on.

I did. It looks fine. I even passed a bore snake through the tube just in case. The shotgun is practically brand new. Bought it less than two months ago. Im so disappointed right now. I definitely can't use this as a home defense tool.

Sorry to hear you are having a problem .
Like AK mentioned check the mag tube spring and follower real good. Any gunk or burr will keep the shell from coming out of the tube.
I would also check for a bent or out of round mag tube. You might want to try some different brand shells.
Keep us posted.

Great thread, and my problem exactly with my one day old 590A1. Email on its way, but I'm not happy with Mossbergs QC!

Thanks guys.....

Disassembled my 590A1 enough to get to the cartridge interrupter. I tried bending (yea, bend hardened steel) away from the mag tube and reassembled.

No luck....I'll have to wait for Mossberg to reply to my email or see if Cabela's will accept a return.

Scott M said:
Disassembled my 590A1 enough to get to the cartridge interrupter. I tried bending (yea, bend hardened steel) away from the mag tube and reassembled.

No luck....I'll have to wait for Mossberg to reply to my email or see if Cabela's will accept a return.

take a look at the pics below and compare them to yours. Maybe you can spot something.

the first one is a bad cartridge stop. the bottom one is a good one.

hope it helps ya.

Attachments

• bad cartridge stop,bent too much.jpg
    bad cartridge stop,bent too much.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 528
  • good cartridge stop.jpg
    good cartridge stop.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 527
Yea, the cartridge interrupter on the left side of the mag tube is out of the way and not restricting a round from staging at the cartridge stop on the right. It is that hook on the left of the receiver that is inhibiting a shell from staging like the one shown in your 2nd pic.

Mine looks like the first pic.

Thanks for the pics Mossy, they are exactly my issue!!

Had an email from Joe Zakher this morning. He will be shipping a new cartridge interrupter. I'm very happy with his response on this, he must have sent the email around 6 AM!! :)

Much thanks to the membership here for the help and for Joe's contact information!

Happy to hear Mossberg CS and Joe are doing the right thing for you. :D

Keep us posted when you get the new parts in.

Another point for Mossberg CS!!

I wonder how many of these parts they've had to ship out due to this issue.

I'm sure the free parts and shipping have been quite costly. Anyhow, I'm glad to see they're making it right...

Back