• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATTN: Cartridge Stopper QC Issue for Pump Actions (FTF)

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I'm sure the free parts and shipping have been quite costly.

Not as costly as their reputation.

I too am glad they are making it right.

We'll see how long it takes to get the part. I'm thinking by weeks end. Hope, Hope, Hope!! :lol:

I'm a long time Mossberg owner (45+years) and never had an issue until I recently purchased an HS410. It worked just fine with all my Federal ammo, but when I tried Remmington and Winchester ammo I'd get a double feed jam every time. Researching this forum, I found Old Mossy's 4/06/13 post explaining the double feed jam is caused by the cartridge interrupter. The front tip is not bent far enough into the receiver in front of the magazine tube to keep a 2nd shell from feeding.

I'm posting this in the QC Issue topic because the new interrupter Mossberg sent me does not fit. The pivot pin in the middle of the interrupter is a larger diameter than the hole that’s drilled through the receiver. All other dimensions appear to be the same.

Rather than trying to file a round pin with a flat file on the new interrupter, I bent the front tip of the old interrupter with a hammer perhaps 1/32". So far, this has corrected the double feed problem. (Thank you, Old Mossy!)

I haven't decided whether I should call Mossberg about the new interrupter they sent me, send it back with a note, or just hang on to it. I am kind of curious to know, though, if it's even bent right.

Attachments

• CART INTER PIV PIN REC.jpg
    CART INTER PIV PIN REC.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 399
  • CART INTER SIDE.jpg
    CART INTER SIDE.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 401
  • CART INTER TOP.jpg
    CART INTER TOP.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 401
Welcome to the forum from NY.
I'm glad to hear you were able to fix your problem with the cartridge interrupter.
It would be great to let Mossberg know about the new part they sent you.
Send an email to our contact at Mossberg,I'msure they will be interested in looking it over.

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

I would definitely let Mossberg know! How else are they going to get rid of the lot of bad interrupters and refresh their stock (hopefully from a different supplier).

Glad you fixed your double feed problem, wish my issue could be solved with a hammer!!

Oh, Great pics and Welcome to the forum!!

longtime owner,,,,you get a chance post a pic or two of your old Mossy. :D

Well, no communications with Mossberg and no parts yet. I would have thought they worked faster than this. Sent off another email, but at this point if they don't ship the part next day air, I'll be disappointed.

The latest reply...

Good morning

We have placed an order for you in our data base. I did contact my supervisor to get to get this resolved asap. I do apologize.

Joseph Zakher
Product service leadman technical support.

Maverick Arms inc.
1001 industrial blvd
Eagle pass,TX 78852
1-800-363-3555

I'm not convinced this company really has its customers interests at the forefront! I replied to Joe that I bought the 590A1 for home defense and that if I needed it for that, I guess I could use it as a club!

We'll see what the next week brings... Unhappy doesn't quite say it!

Fixed it....

I must be blessed!!

I removed the shell interrupter and put it in an open vice with the interrupter pivot pin on one jaw of the vice and the point of the interrupter on the other. I gave it three rather aggressive springy bends and reinstalled it in the gun..

Success!! The 590A1 now feeds, doesn't double feed and it is ready for a field test!! Now, I have to find some place to field test it! Can't believe my range doesn't pro-rate memberships. I might have to wait until January!!

I am a newbie here! I recently purchased a Mossberg 500 Persuader and experienced the same failure to feed issues the first time out. I would fire the shotgun and the shells would either double feed or shells would eject out of the tube onto the ground. I went online somewhere and found a suggested fix, bend the cartridge stop to engage it with the shells. So......I went back and forth to the vice and and tweaked it until the problem was solved. So far so good. I wish that I had found this site sooner! Great ideas and extremely helpful!!

Update: Just ran 25 more rounds through the shotgun without any problems.

Just an update on Mossberg's customer service...

17 days and no new interrupter. If I hadn't fixed it myself by bending the part into spec, I'd be stumped as to how they get folks to be return customers! OK, I'm stumped as to how Mossberg gets any buyer loyalty? This is my first Mossy, I was hoping for a good experience so that I could recommend them but, at this point I can't.

Yeah, that's terrible.

If still blows my mind that the issue is so wide spread, yet they still seem to be letting their firearms leave the factory in this condition. I don't get it...

Parts made in China and assembled in the US could mean a $400 profit on each gun! Just guessing....

How long does it take to ship an shell interrupter from China?

Woo Hoo, got an email from Joseph that my parts are in the mail!! Only took a month!

Scott M said:
Woo Hoo, got an email from Joseph that my parts are in the mail!! Only took a month!
Good for you! I had a similar issue with my 500 Thunder Ranch. 200 rounds and I need a cartridge stop and action slide bar because they bent each other and won't feed. Emailed Mossberg service and they've asked me to send the gun in. So I sent a reply that I can buy those parts cheaper online than the price of shipping the gun. Except for the cartridge stop, which is backordered everywhere even though there isnt a problem with them...hmm...Which makes that nice warranty pretty much useless. I had a part break on a Ruger last year and they sent a replacement part no questions asked. Guess my next shotgun will be a non-Mossberg. I said all that in my reply, and haven't heard from them since. I still love my Mossy's, but I've had better service from fast food joints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back