• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Back in the saddle agin...

hombre243

.30-06
I got the new computer a year ago and just got it installed today. I have been in the hospital for my cancer 4 times, 2 times when I collapsed after chemo, as I exited my car in my home parking lot. I was helped by a neighbor couple who called an ambulance, and I went to a closer hospital than Iowa city VA. 4 weeks later it happened again, but this time i had a life alert and an ambulance got there in just a few minutes. The paramedic said if I do it a 3rd time, I get my own gurney.

That trip kept me in the closer hospital in Davenport IA. The first time that hospital kept me 10 hours and then shipped me back to the VA in IA City. After a very thorough series of exams the doc came in and said he didn't know how I could be so sick and not know it. My gall bladder and its contents were rotten and liquified and had to come out, which kept me n for a total of 6 days while they pumped me full of antibiotics.

My internet went down on the 6th and would have been down until the 28th if I would have hung around but I subscribed to a different service and when I called this am to talk to a salesperson, I was told, after we settled on the package, that the tech would be here and finished installing the stuff, and would help me get the net back up, within the next 3 hours. He was here in about 1.5 hours and gone in less than a half hour.

That was about noonish. I just got the software updated and installed the new printer and when I am up to it, a new flat scanner.

I think the old computer was the problem all along. But we shall see.

Anyway, for better or for worse...I'm back. Oh, and the doc said there was no more cancer that he could see. Fingers crossed. That crap has reinvaded 4 times in 5 years. Here's hoping the treatments are finally working.

Last edited:
Welcome back. I never knew how much I appreciated have a good sized regional hospital 3 miles from my house until my wife got sick. I’m sorry you get jerked around so much with the whole VA hospital thing. My next door neighbor is retired military but has to use Madigan Army hospital to get any treatments. On a good day, it’s 40 minutes away. Good luck with your remission.

Welcome back. I never knew how much I appreciated have a good sized regional hospital 3 miles from my house until my wife got sick. I’m sorry you get jerked around so much with the whole VA hospital thing. My next door neighbor is retired military but has to use Madigan Army hospital to get any treatments. On a good day, it’s 40 minutes away. Good luck with your remission.
Thanks Rodburner. It took a while but I think I may now be getting some of my old strength back.

Hombre survives!

What a horrible experience! I don’t know what to think bud.

Good that the new PC is working, and you have rejoined civilized online life. ;)

I hope the doc was right. Stay cool, hey?
Thanks Cadd. I have a lot of catchin up to do...online and in my apt. But slowly it is coming together. Haven't been able to do a lot of lifting because of the surgeries and I may have milked the docs weight restriction length of time...did he say 2 weeks or 6 months...I forget. :popcorn:.

Glad to have you back! Keep staying positive, eat well and be active! Thoughts and Prayers to you... :)
Thanks Bobster. I have a long row to hoe, or is that a long ho to rol...whatever...I lost a lot of strength but it seems to be coming back as my mental attitude improves. Having friends pullin for me is a huge boost. Thaks to you, and thanks to all.

Back