• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

bad luck on new gun

i have been having trouble with my maverick 88, but mossberg has been A+ on helping me fix it. so with their great service i decided to get another maverick 88 today so my wife and i could shoot together. i bought it at walmart still in box as i don't like getting display models, i checked it out on the working slide and everything was smooth, so i bought it. got it home and the front bead is broken off, i did not think to check the barrel as there isn't much to go wrong. i really hate calling mossberg again about this but they should have checked this. how do i get a new one back on?, i don't think i have a wrench that small, does anyone know the size? thanks

Sorry to hear about your problem. I would give Mossberg a call, (800) 363-3555. They should send you a new one.

The thread size is 5/40 and takes a 1/8" wrench.

Keep us posted.

how good are these?, Dead Ringer Uni-Bead Fiber Optic Shotgun Sight DR4386. i have never put on a sight before on a shotgun and have never used these. gonna call mossberg tomorrow but with that little white bead able to come off, even if they send one i am gonna get something for backup. thanks

mossberg sent me a new front sight, do i need blue thread locker?, i don't have any at the moment. would fingernail polish hardner work? or can i put it on without anything? thanks

If you screw it in well, you probably wouldn't need a threadlocker, but wouldn't hurt if you did.

You do need to make sure that the new bead doesn't protrude too far down into the barrel bore.

Back