• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ban amendment-urgent

I had heard that and I'm glad. I did notice that the Democrats were blaming the failed bill on the Republicans and now we'll have cyber problems/attacks and won't be prepared.

Both sides add totally unrelated things to bills. That needs to stop. It's no wonder the approval rating of Congress is so low.

carbinemike said:
I had heard that and I'm glad. I did notice that the Democrats were blaming the failed bill on the Republicans and now we'll have cyber problems/attacks and won't be prepared.

Fear, real or perceived, is a great motivator. ;)

If enough of the people actually stopped and thought for a minute about the crap that spews from DC the only ones scared would be the ones holding office. People in power like to keep that power. The best way to keep that power is to keep the people scared enough that they will give up more control to feel safe.

The best way to keep that power is to keep the people scared enough that they will give up more control to feel safe.
How true that they use the scare tactic and we were warned by the founders not to give up freedom for securityy. I have wondered how a congress with such a crappy approval rating can keep getting reelected? Beside fear I have come to the conclusion that they keep the small percentage of voters at bay by keeping us focused and divided on issues like guns, abortion, gay rights, death penalty, illegal immigrants and since BHO, class warfare. The last thing either party wants is the voters on either side finding common ground in a shared disdain for them.

carbinemike said:
the voters on either side finding common ground in a shared disdain for them.

I don't know about that.

I know people on both sides of the aisle that are genuinely sick and tired of the way they've been doing.

Glad to hear it got struck down, the magazine portion of it, though thats not going to stop me from continuing to pick up a few here and there.
Makes a person wonder how many potentially helpful bills were rotted away by amendments that had nothing to do with them.

I agree that people on both sides are getting fed up and often about the same issues. I guess I'm wondering then how the same people keep getting sent back to congress? I think part of it is keeping us divided. I'll throw out now that I'm a big fan of term limits as I think it would stop a lot of the current crap going on in DC.

Back