• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

barrel replacement 590a1

Joeg_4368

Copper BB
Hows it going guys? I recently purchased my mossberg 590a1 with ghost ring sights for HD. The thing is I want to go white tail hunting come fall here in NY. How would I go about replacing my 18.5 barrel with a 24'' one? With the ghost ring sights in the back...do I just need to take it off and buy a rail?

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Joeg !!

Not sure about your question...but I am sure someone here will know...standby !!

If you have a 590a1 18" barrel, you can use barrels from a Mossberg 835 utilimag. Either the 28" barrel with chokes, or 24" slug barrels.

Without changing out the mag tube? Plug and play? The problem here in Canada is that extra barrels are hard to find and used 500's are a dime a dozen.

Without changing out the mag tube? Plug and play? The problem here in Canada is that extra barrels are hard to find and used 500's are a dime a dozen.

I'm pretty sure if you have the 5 round mag cap (no extended magazine) it's pretty much a plug and play. But if buying another 500 is easier and cheaper, do what you gotta do.

Back