• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

bayonet lug legal in NY

DoubleTap

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was wondering the legality of a bayonet on the 590 in NY. I've looked all over the internet trying to find a straight answer but have been coming up empty

I know of little in the way of particulars about firearms in NY, things like a folding stock for example. I've never heard anything about a bayonet lug though.

I have never been able to find a definitive as to whether or not the bayonet lug is legal on shotguns in NY but I know I have seen brand new mossberg 590A1 with a bayonet lug for sale in gun shops in NY.

I just love NY! Yes you can buy a shot gun with a bayonet lug in NY. I own one. Also I can buy a bayonet in NY.
So now I own a shot gun (590A1) that holds 8 + 1 12 GA shot gun shells and a bayonet. Too bad I can't fit this down my trousers as conceal carry! In NY state my conceal carry pistol is limited to 7+1 I think......
The bad guys no doubt ignore the 7 rounds in the magazine rule....just sayin....

In NY state my conceal carry pistol is limited to 7+1 I think......
The bad guys no doubt ignore the 7 rounds in the magazine rule....just sayin....

No. That was overturned in the federal appellate court. It's back to crappy 10 round limit.

Yeah some judge said 7 was an arbitrary number, then picked another arbitrary number of 10. Lovely NY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah some judge said 7 was an arbitrary number, then picked another arbitrary number of 10. Lovely NY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 10 is based on the prior AWB. If you need a reference point.

We are working on suits that challenge it. But it will take the scotus to ultimately rule on it before any LIB state complies.

The 10 is based on the prior AWB.

And the 10 during the AWB was based on an arbitrary number too.

Could've been 30 , 50, 100, 7 million.

------------------

ar·bi·trar·y
ˈärbəˌtrerē/
adjective
adjective: arbitrary
  1. based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

And the 10 during the AWB was based on an arbitrary number too.

Could've been 30 , 50, 100, 7 million.

------------------

ar·bi·trar·y
ˈärbəˌtrerē/
adjective
adjective: arbitrary
  1. based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

I'm aware of what the word arbitrary means.

I stated in my second paragraph of some of the legal challenges we are trying to do. Not easy in our climate.

We have a ruling that the 7 is unfounded. Our next step is to attack the 10.

I wasn't implying that you were stupid. Just driving the point across that any number is stupid.

How about the number 100? You can NOT have a magazine larger than 100 rounds. I think that would be an acceptable compromise. ;) I chose this number because it is the size of either 1, 2, 4 or 5 boxes of ammo AND larger sizes are not commonly available (I think). This "rule" would not apply to belt-fed weapons... :)

PS: pick up 100 rounds of ammo in one hand sometime...

When I only owned a single shot I got really fast at reloading as many rounds as I could wedge between my fingers. Esp.when the action lossened up enough fhe I could open, eject and close the action with a slight flick of the wrist.

When I upgraded to a pump gun I could shoot darn close to the speed of the guys with semi's.

When I shot the IDPA leage I could reload those 10 round mags as fast as I can reload the 16 rounders I use in EDC.

Watch a video of people who have mastered the technique of speed shooting a longbow. It is truely amazing.

All the limits are arbitrary and nothing more than feel good limits to apease the ignorent masses and control those in the know.

An infringement is an infringement!

OK, 125 rounds it is! ;)

But if I can have a 125 round magazine, I might as well be allowed to carry around a nuke! Because that's the logical next step in my self-defense arsenal...

And the last thing we need is a bunch of ignorant, trigger-happy, gun nuts going around carrying nukes. What happens if one accidentally goes off while I'm at Starbucks? No more latte's for anyone and this country would quickly devolve into anarchy.

Come on guys, think this through!

But if I can have a 125 round magazine, I might as well be allowed to carry around a nuke! Because that's the logical next step in my self-defense arsenal...

And the last thing we need is a bunch of ignorant, trigger-happy, gun nuts going around carrying nukes. What happens if one accidentally goes off while I'm at Starbucks? No more latte's for anyone and this country would quickly devolve into anarchy.

Come on guys, think this through!

You jumped the shark. The first straw man argument goes from arms to tanks. Then from tanks to ballistic missiles (such as RPG). Then you get to Nuclear Arms.

Etiquette man.

You jumped the shark. The first straw man argument goes from arms to tanks. Then from tanks to ballistic missiles (such as RPG). Then you get to Nuclear Arms.

Etiquette man.

More like I "nuked the fridge." But you're right. I promise to be more logical in the future...the last thing we need in this country is an illogical straw man.

Back